Gibson Brands Forums

True turkey lovers

MojoRedFoot

Just curious how many people really like turkey. No one in my family (not mom, dad, sister, brother-in-law, nephews, me or my kids) is crazy about it yet we do this every year and each year my mom says, "no turkey next year." Yet we always have it. Go to any restaurant that is not a deli and you most likely will not see turkey on the menu. Why do we force ourselves to eat it when it doesn't seem to be that popular? I'll eat it on occasion as a cold sub but it's pretty rare. I don't care for turkey bacon. Turkey burgers are tastey but give me beef!

I like a good turkey burger or well smoked turkey bacon, but outside of that I don't eat it much. Just like chicken breast it's a pretty bland meat. You can season it into tastiness.

I think it's so popular is because it is a lean protein.

I'm a turkey lover. If it's roasted properly and nice and juicy... man! Deep fried turkey... smoked turkey leg... turkey bacon... YUM! We like turkey on sandwiches and I make a mean BBQ turkey salad with the leftovers.

Dang it... Ima go get me some turkey....

[biggrin]

Man, I love a turkey dinner. Can't get enough.

My wife makes an awesome bird and makes a Hungarian stuffing that I can't pronounce. It sounds roughly like turtle eggs.

I must admit, that to me, animals taste good.

Dave

Just curious how many people really like turkey. No one in my family (not mom, dad, sister, brother-in-law, nephews, me or my kids) is crazy about it yet we do this every year and each year my mom says, "no turkey next year." Yet we always have it. Go to any restaurant that is not a deli and you most likely will not see turkey on the menu. Why do we force ourselves to eat it when it doesn't seem to be that popular? I'll eat it on occasion as a cold sub but it's pretty rare. I don't care for turkey bacon. Turkey burgers are tastey but give me beef!

i LOVE turkey! xmas wouldn't be the same for me without a turkey roast [thumbup]

Archived