Gibson Brands Forums

Post your pedal board

Kimbabig

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sam0009q.jpg

Guitar >>> Korg Pitchblack >>> Rogue Vintage Compressor >>> Modtone Vintage Wah >>> MXR Classic OD >>> Way Huge Swollen Pickle >>> BYOC Leeds Fuzz >>> Fuzzrite clone >>> BBE Sonic Stomp >>> Amp

Not used right now Dr Q Envelope Follower; DOD EQ; Digital Delay

With my JP#2 knockoff

sam0008.jpg

I think this shows everything but the Pepperoni pedal:

100_1604.jpg

This is my current config on the Boss pedalboard (which I refer to as the Pedal Board of the Gods) I'll typically use the Vox Tonelab, but have broken out the PBotG recently for some of the Boss Tone goodness!

I have 3 more pedals on the Xmas list... all Boss. The acoustic simulator, the power stackand the RC-2 loop station. I've also told my wife, since she often buys things based on color... that if she HAS to get me an orange and black one, it should be the Mega Distortion... or the Blues Driver it she wants to get a blue one :).

IMG_0046.jpg

Honestly, I don't use my pedals much. In general, the only ones I use with any consistency are my tuner and my wah pedal. But every pedal has a story, which I will bore you with RIGHT NOW!!

BOSS Flanger: Probably 15 years old. I bought it so I could sound like Eddie on "Chains". Little did I know that he used a phaser. Works well on the very last verse of "Coma" by Guns-n-Roses

Ibanez delay: Cheapest one I could find, pre-ebay. Bought it at Elderly Instruments because I wanted to play "Streets Have No Name" by U2. I thought one pedal would do it. I was so very wrong. Now, it basically is a good foot rest for when I play my classical guitar.

Voodoo Labs SuperFuzz: Bought in when I was into playing and mastering every ******* song on the WHO's "Live at Leeds" album. During his solos, he pounds his Univox Fuzz pedal and just goes nuts. But even with my SG Classic, I could never really get that same tone. Too bad, because it's my most expensive and best-built pedal. But honestly, I don't use it very much.

Danelectro Rocky Road: For the Leslie sound. Again, the cheapest one I could find. I really wanted the guitar sound for the outro on "You Never Give Me Your Money" by The Beatles. I actually like the sound of this pedal but it's not that easy to use.

Dunlap Wah: My second one. I use this all the time. With this pedal, even a sh*tty solo I play can sound cool. I use it when I play lots of stuff, especially Hendrix.

BOSS Tuner: Got it just a month ago. Love it and use it all the time. Very well-built and works flawlessly.

Goodnight and Good Luck... +:-@

l_66d65ee533fc48c88ab256cc0a34c392.jpg

Here is my current lineup; from guitar to amp (right to left): Boss TU2, Fuzz Factory, OD808, pre-Dunlop Phase90, Carbon Copy, Sole-Mate spring reverb unit. Don't worry, those Roland daisy chain power cables are capped with rubber sleeves.

Guitar >>> Korg Pitchblack >>> Rogue Vintage Compressor >>> Modtone Vintage Wah >>> MXR Classic OD >>> Way Huge Swollen Pickle >>> BYOC Leeds Fuzz >>> Fuzzrite clone >>> BBE Sonic Stomp >>> Amp

How you like that FuzzRite clone? Is it Ge or Si? I have an original Ge model. That beauty was my gateway to fuzz addiction.

Heres misson control

100_0953.jpg

Wow! I had one of those Maestro Phase Shifters, but sold it last year because it was a tone suck and I never used it. The money went towards my FuzzFactory. While I do have some regret selling it, I don't miss it too much. Do you have the foot switch for it?

Wow! I had one of those Maestro Phase Shifters, but sold it last year because it was a tone suck and I never used it. The money went towards my FuzzFactory. While I do have some regret selling it, I don't miss it too much. Do you have the foot switch for it?

Yeah my buddy had it collectin dust in the basement so he let me have it. He used it with his Rhodes. I mostly use it for noisemaking purposes. Hes got an OG Roland Space Echo too. It will be mine.

l_66d65ee533fc48c88ab256cc0a34c392.jpg

Here is my current lineup; from guitar to amp (right to left): Boss TU2, Fuzz Factory, OD808, pre-Dunlop Phase90, Carbon Copy, Sole-Mate spring reverb unit. Don't worry, those Roland daisy chain power cables are capped with rubber sleeves.

I'm surprised to see that you have a Boss pedal in front of your Fuzz Factory. You don't have any problems with that? Can you still get it to oscillate and everything? I keep my Fuzz Factory first in line because buffered signals affect the way it works.

Fascinating order you've got your pedals in.... the EQ and noise gate are before the OD and Distortion?

How does that work for you?

[thumbup]

Yep it's a pretty unusual arrangement... but the Suppressor after the EQ is the least noisiest.

All the other pedals work seem to work fine in conjunction. The Boss DS-1 is actually a Monte Allums

tri-gain mod, so it can get a bit touchy. Blows the stock DS-1 out of the water though. [thumbup]

Archived