Gibson Brands Forums

Sunday Morning Breafast with DuaneV

duane v

*EDIT*

Replaced with updated version

My little tribute to the late great John Lennon.....

I know I said I was gonna do a George song, but I heard this song on the radio this morning, and I just had to learn it.... BTW this song is kind of a ***** to sing and play guitar :blink:

Guitar = My out of tune 2008 Gibson LPJ [biggrin]

Amp = VOXAC50CP / Keeley Comp and 1984 digitech flange/chorus

PA = JBL315 and SM57 mic for the vocal

Vocal Effects = DigitechVocal300 with delay and flange

Recording Device = Samson GoMic mixed on my P/C

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JScBZUH-9rU

Great song. Great rendition. Simple and pure. Thankyou for the music and post ( thread).

Tough vocals to cover well, you did it well.

And a +1 to negate that -1 from a 'fan.'

Didn't see the -1, but I, too gave a +1 to compensate for the compensation! [thumbup]

Good cover - I admire the fact that you can still sing, something that gradually

eluded ME. My singing NOW resembles the sound I would get by slapping my buttcheeks

together repeatedly while producing a "positive pressure output"... [biggrin]

The feeling/sound of the sond DEFINITELY has that "Beatle-esque" quality. It's amazing to me -

in theory, we can ALL play the same chords, but Lennon/Beatles had such a unique sound that it

was instantly identifiable. Reminds me of the "rumor" that one of the Beatles (McCartney?) wrote

some of the material for BADFINGER - some of it had that Beatles Sound due to vocal harmony and chord

changes.

All in all, good job!

You may find this interesting about the song "Yesterday". (mentioned in the JL song) At one time a couple of years ago, "Yesterday" was played every second of the day around the world. it was tracked by the postings of radio stations when the song was played.

You may find this interesting about the song "Yesterday". (mentioned in the JL song) At one time a couple of years ago, "Yesterday" was played every second of the day around the world. it was tracked by the postings of radio stations when the song was played.

Most played song of all time.

Awesome! Did you put the guitar straight from the amp into the PC or did you mic it?

Nah..... it's fully live, loud and out of tune [laugh] .... I probaly should re-do it, but it took me 4 nearly hours to finally sing and play the chorus..... That part was friggin hard [blush]

Once again, great version Duane....I'm a bit surprised you didn't use your Neo.....

I use the Neo for my original stuff, it's a bit much to set up just for a little live diddy. With the GoMic I just plug into the PC and position it where it gives the best balance, and off to the races

Ah, makes perfect sense.......I had forgotten that many of J.L.s solo song were so hard hitting, very unique, and for a quick run at it, that was very good, tastefully done.

Gotta be hard to nail his voice.

Ah, makes perfect sense.......I had forgotten that many of J.L.s solo song were so hard hitting, very unique, and for a quick run at it, that was very good, tastefully done.

Gotta be hard to nail his voice.

Thanks D

Once I get more acclimated with the tune, I'll be able to stay more in the moment. I found myself preparing for the chorus during the versus, which is never a good thing to do when you're singing and playing...

I was on limited time due to our Eclipse DVD release party we were throwing last night, so I only did two takes..... The first take was a complete train wreck and a explosion [biggrin] ....

Nah..... it's fully live, loud and out of tune.... I probaly should re-do it, but it took me 4 nearly hours to finally sing and play the chorus..... That part was friggin hard

Sounds great to me, especially for being live! I thought it was nicely mixed...

Archived