Gibson Brands Forums

Weather Report

Californiaman

it's freezin cold in Pembroke Canada :blink:

Can't wait to get home

I know what you mean, I'm a couple hours away from you.

I think winter has set in here. Minus 16 celsius or around 3 farenheight wind chill this morning.

What brings you to Pembroke?

Dave

Mine too...yet another of the Miles Davis spin-offs

Some of the most eloquent jazz/rock ever

Joe Zawinul was a genius

Everyone whose ever been in that band was/is an amazing talent. I didn't realize they were a Miles Davis spin-off, though I knew Wayne Shorter played with Miles for a while. Wayne may be my favorite musician, all-time, right now, and Joe Zawinul WAS a genius. I saw them live in a very small venue right after Mysterious Traveler was released, but I never saw them again live. Sorry I never saw Jaco play live, even though I did have a chance to drink a few beers with him back before he had all of his issues.

"A Remark You Made" is one of their best songs, off of their best album. Have you noticed that there is almost no phrase repeated in that entire song?

And to get back on topic, we're expecting record lows around here in the next few days.

It is hailing here at the moment, give it another few and it'll be back to rain, then sun, then rain, then wind.

We had a wind warning in effect over the weekend, claimed a few signs and scaffolds.

The weather here changes at the drop of a hat given that we're right on the coast, and at the end of the Jet Stream.

I know what you mean, I'm a couple hours away from you.

I think winter has set in here. Minus 16 celsius or around 3 farenheight wind chill this morning.

What brings you to Pembroke?

Dave

I'm working on a project at AECL.

Archived