Gibson Brands Forums

Demand is strong. Prices going up.

Californiaman

I was just on Ebay checking out different pedals for sale when I noticed the Fulltone '69 Fuzz prices.

A '69 Slight Return in about to sell for $500.00.

Regular '69s are selling for between $180.00 and $350.00.

Now that I own one, I find it amazing that they sell for what they do.

Yeah but the price is also different in the same respect.

And in it's defense I'm pretty sure the Slight Returns use extremely choice NKT275 transistors so it's not just your average pedal. Still doesn't justify $525 but that's not even close to what they sold for new anyways.

The '69 Slight Return has germanium T-05 transistors.

Mike Fuller from Fulltone says they are his favorites.

I can tell the difference between the '69 and the Slight Return.

Listen carefully. This guy claims that both pedals have the NKT275 transistors.

He's wrong.

Good comparison video though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnty1M8k5ro

Sorry Caliman I was mistaken. I could have sworn I read that right on Fuller's site. Either way.. The '69 rocks.

So how are you likin it? I've been playing my Tele into my fuzz and I'm loving it. I love a fuzzy Tele..

No need to apologize.

He goes into big detail about it on the sight.

I know what you're referring to though because I've read it myself.

You're right. There's something about the Telecaster and the fuzz. [thumbup]

Anyway, I've love the sound of it through the Deluxe amp.

Hell it rocks my GA-5!

I was just on Ebay checking out different pedals for sale when I noticed the Fulltone '69 Fuzz prices.

A '69 Slight Return in about to sell for $500.00.

Regular '69s are selling for between $180.00 and $350.00.

Now that I own one, I find it amazing that they sell for what they do.

I got a nasty case of "sticker shock" the other day.

was trolling e Bay and decided to see how much it would be if I had to replace my Rat.

I could not find an 87 in decent shape for LESS than 200 USD.

msp_scared.gif

I think I might have paid 50 to 75 USD when it was NEW!

The old adage of supply and demand is fascinating to witness. When I started playing the guitar in 1987 I remembered the prices of Gibson's right up until the mid 90's seemed fairly low. A les Paul custom was £649.00 in 1993 I believe in Soho Soundhouse, London.

Seventeen years later and Gibson guitars again are in high demand. It seemed that most of the bands in the live music festivals over the Summer had Gibsons slung over their necks. It is no coincidence then that the same guitar, The Les Paul Custom that was only £649.00 in the 90's, is now 400 percent higher with a street price of £2499.00

Matt

The old adage of supply and demand is fascinating to witness. When I started playing the guitar in 1987 I remembered the prices of Gibson's right up until the mid 90's seemed fairly low. A les Paul custom was £649.00 in 1993 I believe in Soho Soundhouse, London.

Seventeen years later and Gibson guitars again are in high demand. It seemed that most of the bands in the live music festivals over the Summer had Gibsons slung over their necks. It is no coincidence then that the same guitar, The Les Paul Custom that was only £649.00 in the 90's, is now 400 percent higher with a street price of £2499.00

Matt

I witnessed the phenomenon over here as well....

Used Les Pauls were readily available for a few hundred USD here when Nirvana was hot. A player I knew offered to sell me his tobacco sunburst LP Deluxe for $200 in 1988. I saw crappy Fender Mustangs going for as much as LPs! I bought an the '86 Custom in the avatar there for $500 in '89 or '90 and it had barely been played at all.

...Those were the days. Then along came the top-hatted one and prices began to skyrocket.

Archived