Gibson Brands Forums

Your Acoustical Performances!!!

duane v

Holy cow! That was a fun listen - you've got a killer voice, and that J-200 sure sounds good in your hands - loved your Safe Harbor - post some more originals - great stuff1 What pickup do you have in that guitar? Excellent ! [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Dan is so cool, gives all of us such good encouragement when we post either cover or original stuff. My Gibson sj200 has the Baggs system in it, which I really have come to like for it's simplicity and it's accuracy

here's another original it's a song I wrote for my baby called Favorite Picture Of You

Guys I started playing around with an original tune a few months back. It's kind of a song about being in a funk and wanting to get out of it, and trying to hide it from others. I would really appreciate your critique and suggestions to make it better? I normally do covers and I want to try to get away from that.

https://soundcloud.com/sal-from-chatham/pick-me-up

Guys I started playing around with an original tune a few months back. It's kind of a song about being in a funk and wanting to get out of it, and trying to hide it from others. I would really appreciate your critique and suggestions to make it better? I normally do covers and I want to try to get away from that.

https://soundcloud.com/sal-from-chatham/pick-me-up

Make it simpler - good thing brewing here. I am a big fan of judicious use of syllables . See where you can trim, without changing the message. For instance "Gentle sun kissed breezes" could easily just drop the "Gentle", and will sound less wordy, and still fit your melody. "I see other people laughing" is less to sing without "other". "Some days are better..." Drop "than others" it's implied. Let your audience listen without redundancy in your lyric. Tough to do, especially when trying to make the private, public. Not an easy task to write a lyric in the first person. Keep noodling with it. Don't intend to be harsh here, hope it's not taken as such, just try to simplify, you might like it. I mumble when I sing, so for me, the less words I have to stumble through the better, and easier to remember too. I have been trying for 3 years to write a cowboy song... I'm not past the 3rd line yet... And I've never sold a song, so I am far from being a pro. Just a happy hack. [crying]

Make it simpler - good thing brewing here. I am a big fan of judicious use of syllables . See where you can trim, without changing the message. For instance "Gentle sun kissed breezes" could easily just drop the "Gentle", and will sound less wordy, and still fit your melody. "I see other people laughing" is less to sing without "other". "Some days are better..." Drop "than others" it's implied. Let your audience listen without redundancy in your lyric. Tough to do, especially when trying to make the private, public. Not an easy task to write a lyric in the first person. Keep noodling with it. Don't intend to be harsh here, hope it's not taken as such, just try to simplify, you might like it. I mumble when I sing, so for me, the less words I have to stumble through the better, and easier to remember too. I have been trying for 3 years to write a cowboy song... I'm not past the 3rd line yet... And I've never sold a song, so I am far from being a pro. Just a happy hack. [crying]

Thx DD. you told me this before I think and I forgot. I will try to make those changes, and I appreciate your taking the time...

Thx DD. you told me this before I think and I forgot. I will try to make those changes, and I appreciate your taking the time...

What a cool dude to take the time to listen, and then think about what maybe HE would do and then have the guts to write it all down in such a no-ego-way as to not garner a "what a ****" response from the author or any readers. Good on you Dan

Cry Baby Cry (I'm a White Album fan)

I think the sound of that 12-fret SJ-200 is interesting as all get-out. Is that also short-scale ? This is one of those guitars that I'd love to spend an afternoon with, thanks for posting 'er up.

I think the sound of that 12-fret SJ-200 is interesting as all get-out. Is that also short-scale ? This is one of those guitars that I'd love to spend an afternoon with, thanks for posting 'er up.

Hi,

The scale length is approx. 24 ¾” per this write-up of the very guitar I bought. http://mandoweb.com/Instruments/Gibson-Special+Limited+Edition+SJ-200+12-fret+Acoustic+Gu/1828

Here in this video performance from yesterday afternoon at my poolside gig at the West Palm Beach Marriott you can really start to see some of the things that I am most proud of a sj200. First off of course is the sound going through my Bose Compact system and the ToneMatch audio engine that is offered with all the Bose systems-great stuff. Secondly are the mother of pearl tuning buttons that my wife bought me for Christmas, much classier than the brass ones. And, last but not least are my playing grooves in the wood that you can see under where I strum. Pretty soon Willie Nelson's guitar will have nothing on mine . One more original feature on my Gibson is the John Pearse arm rest that sits just off the body and keeps the sound from 'dulling'. Check out this video and let me know what you guys think about some of these enhancements. I love my Gibsons

BEWARE OF DARKNESS ( George Harrison Cover)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ7A29bT2p4&list=UUHnYSV4BLPRCIVSR6DMYNPw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q94Z6EQHDFY

Check out some of the enhancements to this sj200. My Christmas present from my wife this year were my mother of pearl tuner buttons, which were made special and came all the way from Germany for like $150.00

This is classic good! Re-posting this in the J-200 thread. Terrific sounding 200, and voice man, you got it going on! [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Here in this video performance from yesterday afternoon at my poolside gig at the West Palm Beach Marriott you can really start to see some of the things that I am most proud of a sj200. First off of course is the sound going through my Bose Compact system and the ToneMatch audio engine that is offered with all the Bose systems-great stuff. Secondly are the mother of pearl tuning buttons that my wife bought me for Christmas, much classier than the brass ones. And, last but not least are my playing grooves in the wood that you can see under where I strum. Pretty soon Willie Nelson's guitar will have nothing on mine . One more original feature on my Gibson is the John Pearse arm rest that sits just off the body and keeps the sound from 'dulling'. Check out this video and let me know what you guys think about some of these enhancements. I love my Gibsons

BEWARE OF DARKNESS ( George Harrison Cover)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ7A29bT2p4&list=UUHnYSV4BLPRCIVSR6DMYNPw

Really nice, pro presentation. [thumbup]