Gibson Brands Forums

Your Acoustical Performances!!!

duane v

It's not my forum, just my two cents. Sorry to be the dissenter here but I don't like the idea of a pinned thread for this. When someone wants to occasionally post something, they will get FAR more traction by posting it in the regular forum because a heckuva lot more eyeballs will see their thread. And if people are not interested in listening, they can elect to not click on the thread! I have been a webmaster of many websites, so, I do have quite a bit of experience at this. This particular forum is one of my favorites because it is Gibson, there are good people here and generally, it's just one forum. Which I like! It doesn't happen that often that someone posts a tune, I don't see it as a problem at all. I sometimes post stuff, hate to see this dedicated thread for the reason above. I doubt it will matter, lol, just thought I'd give my opinion.

Also, posters get lumped in with all of the other people posting in one giant thread and it just gets hard to follow!

• 2 weeks later...

Guitar tone is superb, , , ,

Thank you ThemisS, I'll take that further to my luthier.

Hey listened to your latest track a very signikant statement, sonically and expression-wise.

Like your vox and the way you suspend some of those guitar notes.

A bit daring (don't know the original), , , , and appreciated.

I must check this branch of the Board more often.

Hi ! I'm the guitarist of Sunday Trip, a French musical collective.

I'm playing a 1947 Gibson J45 on two of the videos we made.

Here are the links if you're interested or just curious :

Cover of Sting's Shape of my Heart

Cover of "The Wire" intro theme and to learn a little bit more about us

The guitar feels and sounds absolutely amazing!

Cheers

Another home recording through the Neumann. No Gibson, but my self drawn 12-fret, built by the good luthier JoJo in 2010.

Spruce top and rio rose back'n'sides. Old strings half a step down.

Time for a traditional.

https://soundcloud.c...hyme-march-2013

Just listened to all of your posts on soundcloud. Doesn't get much better !

I play in an orchestra (bass). My orchestra hosted a bike ride last weekend and we all played rest stops along the route. I shared the time with a trombone/tuba player at my rest stop. He had a brass quintet going for an hour or so as well. Anyway, I don't usually play with a trombone player, but that's the background of this. PS, I wasn't playing the Gibson this day, but it is acoustic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife and I play as an acoustic country duet named Walenia (my wife's awesome Native American middle name). We do mostly cover songs with a few originals thrown in. This is our live concert version of The Zac Brown Band's song "Free". Hope you enjoy it!

• 3 weeks later...