Gibson Brands Forums

Crazy stomach flu

duane v

My daughter and I are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on this three-day nasty flu sucker eusa_sick.gif ...... My diaphragm is just killing me after a two day vomit fest :blink: .... We are finally gonna try and eat something today other than bread and soup.... A double avocado burger sounds pretty good right now [drool]

I haven't been sick like this since obtaining food poisoning from Johnny Carinos restaurant four years ago :blink:

Damn.

I hope it wasn't one of those where you're - sitting on the throne with a bucket in front of you.

Brutal.

[biggrin] LOL... Nothing like that, but some were wondering why I had my office door closed at work all day Thursday..... I was blowin chunks in that poor little trash can all day [crying] .... Once my 2:00 o'clock meeting was over, I took the poor trashcan out and cleaned it up, then went home....

I got the stomach flu SO BAD last weekend. I've never been sick like that.

New Years Eve I went to my friends house and got really drunk. Around 5 in the morning I was drunk with the most intense stomach flu ever. So as soon as I felt like I could drive home I did and I just threw up and laid on the couch for a couple days. I lost 10 pounds and I only weighed 125 before so that wasn't good...

I picked the worst time to get drunk though... Throwing up screwdrivers and beer sucks.

It's BRUTAL! It went through our house a couple months ago. I was outside in the yard, and suddenly I had to toss it - right there, right then. I went straight to bed and didn't get up (except to go to the bathroom) for 36 hours. Like you, Duane, I was sore for day from the stomach contractions. BRUTAL!

Thursday night was the worst, I couldnt get warm to save my life.... My wife sent me to my man hole with three big blinkets and I managed maybe one hour of sleep....

It's funny that I'm associating chicken, spinach leaves and rice with the sickness, because it's what I ate prior to getting sick.... Just the though of those three foods makes me really queasy eusa_sick.gif

got one before Thanksgiving [confused]

Duane, the Flu is a very quickly evolving disease. imagine it like this. The flu goes into your body and says "hey I'm gonna be here for a while" and he is left alone. Then he starts murdering people. So your local police force passes out fliers of what he looks and they start fighting him, but some damage is already done and he is still doing damage while they are fighting him. You eventually kill him.

a year later he comes back but this time he is wearing a fake moustache and nose. Your body does not know to kill him.

I got a flu shot and still got the stomach virus that is going around..we tend to call all viruses "the flu bug" even if it isn't a "flu bug".

Now that Christmas break is over and the kids are back in school there will be a lot of "bugs" going around.

Duane, glad you both are feeling better. It was tough without you, but dem00n did a pretty good job in your absence. He only banned a few people. Milod and Shred will get over it soon, IMHO.... [flapper]

hehe

LOL [biggrin]

dem00n would ban every member over 21 years of age

My wife gave it to me on my birthday on Dec. 1 of last year, I started the shooting pooties and ralphing at 5:30 am and didn't stop till 6:00 pm...I think I saw toenails go by...I was sore for a week...

I don't mean to make fun of your gastrointestinal disfunction, but "shooting pooties' and the toe nails caused me to encoffinate my 'puter screen.

"Stomach Flu" is a misnomer. Influenza viruses do not cause projectile vomiting. Most professionals in the medial world do not use this term. It is more correctly called gastroenteritis. It is in no way, shape or form, related to Influenza, the influenza type illness many of us get immunization shots for. As such the influenza shot will not ascribe any immunity to the gastroenteritis.

There are a number of viruses and some bacterias which cause gastroenteritis. Most usually, this is spread via the food we consume or the water we drink. I wonder if there was some nastiness about that spinach you ate, DuaneV?

Families can share gastroenteritis either in the food they eat or the closeness in which we live. When I was young, we were passing it around each other for a month once. When we were about half way though the family the second time, my Mom was beside hereself. The doctor asked about our tooth brushes. He said to sterilize them and the holder in which they were stored. She boiled our tooth brushes, sterilized the medicine cabinet, and that was the end of that wave of g.e.

And yes it was the throne and bucket variety. Try that with a family of 7 with one bathroom! At one time we had the throne, bucket, sink, tub and wastebasket being used simultaneously. [drool]

Glad to hear you are on the mend, Duane.

(Double avocado burgers? They haven't reached this side of the Atlantic yet...)

There seems to have been more than usual number of illnesses going around this yuletide.

I came down with a fever on the 23rd. I thought I would get over it in 24 hrs as per normal. Come Xmas day I was so contagious the only visitor I could have was the poor Medic who had to work that day.

I had widespread infection of both lungs. On the very day I came down with the fever we had to fly over to France to the in-laws and it didn't clear up until the day before we flew back over a week later. I hardly got out of bed the whole time.

The most boring Xmas I've ever had!

P.

Archived