Gibson Brands Forums

Really, Gibson?

Cameron!

So like always, I was on Gibson.com looking at some guitars, thinking about buying some and saw they have a Jonas Brothers Melody maker. Really? I thought they dedicated those to actual musicians. Not guys who play for 11 year old girls. Can someone explain this? [confused]

If you do a search of this forum, you will find pages of "discussion" about the Jonas Brothers and their signature guitar.

Gibson is in business to sell guitars and lately they will do whatever it takes to make that happen. There are quite a

few signature models that have been debated here as being a bit... um.... pandering perhaps. [rolleyes]

Oh, welcome to the forum. Everything you need to know about Gibsons (and most other topics) can be found here! [biggrin]

So like always, I was on Gibson.com looking at some guitars, thinking about buying some and saw they have a Jonas Brothers Melody maker. Really? I thought they dedicated those to actual musicians. Not guys who play for 11 year old girls. Can someone explain this? [confused]

So what makes you think they're not "actual" musicians??????

So what makes you think they're not "actual" musicians??????

Well, yeah they know how to play a guitar and all but it's just, they don't even write their own songs. I don't think they have the passion for music like other musicians out there. I dunno, just getting my opinions in here.

Well, yeah they know how to play a guitar and all but it's just, they don't even write their own songs. I don't think they have the passion for music like other musicians out there. I dunno, just getting my opinions in here.

Duane is a JB fanboy, tread carefully.

Fair enough

but they do write 60% of their own material, and they do put on a pretty rockin show (Seen them 3x with my daughter).... You don't get to where they're at by sitting on your thumbs.... they're a hard working bunch of chaps.

Fair enough

but they do write 60% of their own material, and they do put on a pretty rockin show (Seen them 3x with my daughter).... You don't get to where they're at by sitting on your thumbs.... they're a hard working bunch of chaps.

You're right, you're right. I should be playing right about now anyways. I was just a little surprised, they aren't my "cup of tea" as to say.

Fair enough

Yeah, like them or not, they do know how to play.

yeah pretty boys like them and me we always get a bum rap. *cough* :rolleyes:

It's all about money. If a company can produce anything that has a famous name attached to it to make it sell, that's what they will do. I don't know any parents who would buy this caliber instrument for an 11 year old to beat around on, but the features on this model are good. It is a good guitar and all, but I wouldn't want the Jonas Bros. affiliation either ! LOL LOL LOL

It's all about money. If a company can produce anything that has a famous name attached to it to make it sell, that's what they will do. I don't know any parents who would buy this caliber instrument for an 11 year old to beat around on, but the features on this model are good. It is a good guitar and all, but I wouldn't want the Jonas Bros. affiliation either ! LOL LOL LOL

Haha, you're right. I thi they're wasting money if their audience is young children and well... Young kids can't really shred on a guitar yet. [flapper]

This. There for a while a great strategy was to toss Hannah Montana (Miley Cyrus) on everything because you couldn't keep that crap on the shelves if it had her picture, I saw it on everything from yogurt to pajamas.

lol.. maybe its for collectors.. As was recently pointed out numerous times on another thread, why shouldnt gibson build if folk are prepared to buy. personally i think its a bag of pish but hey ho....

I still want that ****ing MM, sick guitar.

Nice geetar; would need some changing though...light modding...........I haven't heard the Jonas Brothers yet..............My grandkids like Zep, Deep Purple, Cream, Damian, Clapman....I wonder why ????

There are a lot of styles of music that appeal to different market segments.

Oddly enough there are a lot of awfully good guitar players who may use 1 percent of what they "could" do when they found a niche to make money at playing. And hey, even when I was a kid yeah those many years ago, 11-year-old girls always managed to have money to buy recordings. Sometimes more than 16-22 year-old boys who had other ... expenses.

And... hey, I don't know the guitar, but if it's got a good Gibson neck and a cupla p90s, it can't be all bad. I don't see spending extra cash for somebody's name on it even if I like the artist, but...

m

They DO write all there own songs. Nick can play guitar, drums and piano. They do have a lot of passion for their music and show it alot more than some other musicians do in my opinion. Just because they're associated w/ Disney doesn't mean their not a real band. They were a band before they were ever with Disney.

Archived