Gibson Brands Forums

I Made a Case for My Amp

badbluesplayer

Here's my new case for my new Egnater Renegade. I really didn't know what I was doing. I just copied how some other ones look. I made it out of plywood with the hardware from a speaker cabinet/amp hardware vendor. I got the more basic hardware at Lowes. I painted it with spray epoxy appliance paint. It could have used a couple of more coats of paint but I ran out and was sick of going back to Lowes every two seconds. I have the foam figured out for the top and bottom. I just need to make some foam inserts for the sides.

The only thing I kind of butchered is the corners where the top and bottom sections come together. I couldn't figure out anything better to do.

DSC_00062.jpg

DSC_00044.jpg

DSC_00012.jpg

DSC_00022.jpg

DSC_00033.jpg

DSC_00024.jpg

DSC_00014.jpg

DSC_00043.jpg

[biggrin]

Here's my new case for my new Egnater Renegade. I really didn't know what I was doing. ... The only thing I kind of butchered is the corners where the top and bottom sections come together. I couldn't figure out anything better to do. <snipped photos>

Give yourself some slack. That's a damn fine job. Looks heavy duty too.

Impressive effort.

Congrats on a job well done. [thumbup]

Very nice - I made a similar flight case for two guitars a few years back and by the time I had gotten all the foam and everything else including a few special blades to cut aluminum, I think I actually spent about 60 dollars more than a Anvil pro case would have cost. The big issue for me though was weight. It probably was unbreakable but sadly it was also basically unusable because it weighed so damn much it took two extra people to carry the guitar case ? [cursing]

But you do get to have the satisfaction of knowing you made it.

Very nice - I made a similar flight case for two guitars a few years back and by the time I had gotten all the foam and everything else including a few special blades to cut aluminum, I think I actually spent about 60 dollars more than a Anvil pro case would have cost. The big issue for me though was weight. It probably was unbreakable but sadly it was also basically unusable because it weighed so damn much it took two extra people to carry the guitar case ? [cursing]

But you do get to have the satisfaction of knowing you made it.

You're right about the cost. I probably have about $130 or so into it, so I didn't save a ton of money. Fortunately I had all the tools I needed and had some of the materials already. I probably wouldn't have bought one. I just got a hankering to make one.

I was going to try driving over it with my truck to test it out, but then I thought better. [biggrin]

You're right about the cost. I probably have about $130 or so into it, so I didn't save a ton of money. Fortunately I had all the tools I needed and had some of the materials already. I probably wouldn't have bought one. I just got a hankering to make one.

I was going to try driving over it with my truck to test it out, but then I thought better. [biggrin]

If ever you do get the urge to test it dont forget to post pics of the end results :)

Archived