Gibson Brands Forums

Traveling 70 Miles for a gig

FirstMeasure

This Saturday the 22nd we're leaving our stomping grounds and heading 70 miles to a little joint called "Chappies" in Hemet, Ca. (229 East Florida Ave, on the corner of Carmalita St, 9:00pm-1:00am). It's a small place but those are usually the best! [thumbup]

This is the farthest our band has traveled so far. Should be fun, hope it's a lively crowd!

Thanks everyone! I love playing anywhere unfamiliar, there's a charge

Caliman- I sure wouldn't want to go to far on the freeways during the wrong hours. It's torture!

Riverside- I sent you a PM and a friend request after checking my settings. I would be great to see you there!

70 miles isn't too bad. We were on a tour many years ago and the last night was in Seattle Washington, after the gig we packed up the van and drove straight through to Nashville, only stopping for gas and eats. Do the math! OYE!

Have fun! I'm sure you'll be fine. Just don't get lost like we did one time on the way to a long distance gig. The rock station that did a remote from there got lost too so we didn't feel too bad about it. This was long before the days of GPS...

Have fun! I'm sure you'll be fine. Just don't get lost like we did one time on the way to a long distance gig. The rock station that did a remote from there got lost too so we didn't feel too bad about it. This was long before the days of GPS...

We only took one wrong turn, thanks to Google Maps. Only 20 minutes out of the way, so no harm done.

Hope your gig went great.

Thanks Caliman, it sure did.

Out here, "in the sticks," traveling that far is normal.

20-50 miles, routine...50-100 miles, quite common, over

100 miles, now and then...when it's worth it!

Hope all went well, and you "tore it up," so to speak. ;>)

CB

Strange thing about my little hamlet is you either play local or you travel 50 mile or more, we're surrounded by wilderness. It's kind of inconvenient but has it's advantages.

Very lively little place, had a whole lotta fun playing there. Got some video of it and a few pics I'll post soon as I get 'em all ready.

Archived