Gibson Brands Forums

Failure - publicly displayed for good measure

NeoConMan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I saw this as I was surfing the WWW...

Good example of what NOT to do - Exhibit "A";

amp_mike_fail.jpg

Anybody else have something to offer for Exhibit "B"?

Finally! The secret to Eddie's brown sound is revealed!!!

Got to love some of these I really like some of the signs.

Sometimes it's just a question of location?

Location-Location-location.jpg

mcfail.jpg

Sometimes people are trying to be funny.

free-cat.jpg

Sometimes the plans probably good but it loses something when finished.

1168452446.jpg

And sometimes ? Well sometimes it's just our government hard at work spending our tax dollars.

7-1.jpg

f33a4adb-8aea-4397-af75-9d83b690cddb.jpg

Who Doesn't like tattoos?

At least this is only a 3/4 fail. he got North right. hahaha tattoo fails are the worst. They are painful going on, painful while they are there, and even more painful to get them removed. It's a loose-loose-loose situation.

Gotta ask you? I can understand there's some pain when your getting tattooed, and even gotta agree that it's a lot more painful getting them removed by burning or acid, but how would you say that tattoos are painful when there just on your skin. I got quite a few and they feel just like the rest of my skin? :unsure:

The only remotely painful thing I could think of is having to wear long sleeve shirts when it's hot but you gotta look presentable for business needs.

Gotta ask you? I can understand there's some pain when your getting tattooed, and even gotta agree that it's a lot more painful getting them removed by burning or acid, but how would you say that tattoos are painful when there just on your skin. I got quite a few and they feel just like the rest of my skin? :unsure:

The only remotely painful thing I could think of is having to wear long sleeve shirts when it's hot but you gotta look presentable for business needs.

Not physically painful. Painful cause you have to live with some joker's hack job on your skin. If that were my friend I'd never let him live it down.

- "Hey Jim, so him your tat where that moron butchered the directions on the compass"

So I saw this as I was surfing the WWW...

Good example of what NOT to do - Exhibit "A";

amp_mike_fail.jpg

Anybody else have something to offer for Exhibit "B"?

this is a trick question? where do you put a mike on a marshall?

forgive me, i have a feeble mind. but last time i knew anything, you don't mike a marshall. i confess it has been a while sinse i left the house.

forgive me, i have a feeble mind. but last time i knew anything, you don't mike a marshall. i confess it has been a while sinse i left the house.

well once you explain why the joke is funny, it's not really funny anymore... but, here goes:

the guy has the mic set up right in front of the head... no sound comes out of an amp head, it all comes out of the speaker cab below.... so mic'ing the head isn't gonna send any sound through the PA.

i guess if you're in a small club, you probably wouldn't need to mic a 100w Marshall stack, but just from the picture it kinda looks like a huge stadium gig/stage, in which case you absolutely WOULD need to mic it, otherwise nobody but the front 2 rows would even hear anything... not even a 100w Marshall stack could overpower a full-size stadium PA system [biggrin]

well once you explain why the joke is funny, it's not really funny anymore... but, here goes:

the guy has the mic set up right in front of the head... no sound comes out of an amp head, it all comes out of the speaker cab below.... so mic'ing the head isn't gonna send any sound through the PA.

i guess if you're in a small club, you probably wouldn't need to mic a 100w Marshall stack, but just from the picture it kinda looks like a huge stadium gig/stage, in which case you absolutely WOULD need to mic it, otherwise nobody but the front 2 rows would even hear anything... not even a 100w Marshall stack could overpower a full-size stadium PA system [biggrin]

nope..still funny. but why? is the mike REALLY in the wrong place? what do you think?

are you certain a 100 watt jmp or jcm could not overpower your average pa system? some trivia questions? how many stacks did cream play albert hall with? (i think it was albert hall, the one where they shook the plaster from the cieling). how many did hendrix use? how many did iron maiden use for the live after death tour?

now, i am 41 (or 42, can't remember) and i was too young for most of those shows, but old enough to remember concerts that didn't use pa's for the amps. i have also never played a stage that big. my rig(s) havent even left the house in 5 years or so, but i HAVE played a stack in its full glory. i have never played a gig where i COULD play a marshall properly. i HAVE played gigs where they house was fully mic'd and politely refused a mic for my amp.

search your feelings. where does that mic belong?

FAIL

nope..still funny. but why? is the mike REALLY in the wrong place? what do you think?

are you certain a 100 watt jmp or jcm could not overpower your average pa system? some trivia questions? how many stacks did cream play albert hall with? (i think it was albert hall, the one where they shook the plaster from the cieling). how many did hendrix use? how many did iron maiden use for the live after death tour?

now, i am 41 (or 42, can't remember) and i was too young for most of those shows, but old enough to remember concerts that didn't use pa's for the amps. i have also never played a stage that big. my rig(s) havent even left the house in 5 years or so, but i HAVE played a stack in its full glory. i have never played a gig where i COULD play a marshall properly. i HAVE played gigs where they house was fully mic'd and politely refused a mic for my amp.

FAIL

The mic could also have just been sat there, when it was'nt in use.

FAIL

Thanks for ruining the joke, guys. :rolleyes:

[flapper][flapper]

are you certain a 100 watt jmp or jcm could not overpower your average pa system?

depends what you mean by "average"... any bar or club, i have no doubt in my mind that a cranked 100w plexi could EASILY dominate the PA system....

now, let's say we're in Madison Square Garden or a huge outdoor venue.... with modern "stadium" PA systems cranking out somewhere between 20,000-50,000 watts, I don't believe that even Spinal Tap's Plexi's cranked to 11 (for that extra push over the cliff [lol] ) could cut through that very well...

some trivia questions? how many stacks did cream play albert hall with? (i think it was albert hall, the one where they shook the plaster from the cieling). how many did hendrix use?

I believe Hendrix used no less than 8 (correct me if I'm wrong) full stacks at Woodstock... and the reason that back in those days they didn't mic guitar amps was because the PA systems were pretty crappy - nowhere NEAR as high-quality as today... but I'm sure if they had the high-quality PA's like today, they would've mic'ed guitar amps too.... would've saved many a guitarists' hearing 30 years down the road lol [lol]

how many did iron maiden use for the live after death tour?

hmm, not sure. but i know for a fact that however many they used, they WERE mic'ed through the PA, because Iron Maiden didn't have their guitar or bass amps on-stage... everything was back behind the stage. [biggrin]

I would put the mic where it would actually send sound through the PA hahaha [thumbup] unless I wasn't planning on using the PA for the amp, in which case I wouldn't even have any mic's at all!! [flapper]

Brand flippin new out of the box Gibson SG 60s Tribute - yeah I'm pissed. Finish on this is 100% fail. Not happy. Dents on back of guitar, dirt particles under the satin coat (can't photograph them but they are there, feels like salt on the guitar but won't wipe off), spunk dried on front (finish dried funky leaving a nice white stripe). Horrible fail, classified as the famous - EPIC FAIL. It is being sent back.

SG1.jpg

SG2.jpg

Archived