Gibson Brands Forums

DAMMIT!!!!

NeoConMan

Its worth paying the extra $ for better coverage.

Last winter, my wife made her final payment on her car and thought about dropping down to liability only.

I urged against it.

Ooooohhhh......

Don't fxcking get me started...... [cursing]

Here's the deal - my truck RARELY goes into Phoenix, so I just don't have the exposure.

My vehicles have been paid off forever - I hate car payments.

Accordingly, I've had liability only for years - as required by the state - because I hate insurance payments.

My insurance will pay for the other guy's car, no issues there except my dirt-cheap rate goes up.

My truck? I get to eat it 100%....

One concession I made was higher limits than the law mandates - on both trucks and my motorcycle.

I pay for $100,000 worth of liability coverage due to the price of some of the cars around here.

I kept full coverage on Mrs. Neo's truck because of her commute.

The NeoCon Compound is well west of Phoenix, west of the White Tank Mountains.

Her drive is 45 miles one way, and terminates in the hood north of downtown.

Because of her daily exposure, I've ALWAYS had full coverage on her truck - albeit with a $500 deductible.

Neither truck is worth a lot of money, but at least I have some latitude if hers gets crunched.

I got a body shop estimate for the damage on mine, $2200.

I'll fix it myself, I just wanted to get an idea.

It's all bolt-on parts, the only paint-work required will be on the new grill if I use factory parts.

The right frame rail is bent where the tow hook attaches, heat it with a torch and a hammer will fix that. [thumbup]

Thanks for the sentiments guys.

I figure everybody has those days now and then, today was one for me.

Neo, glad to hear you and everyone else involved is OK.

Been there done that. Long time ago. But poop happens.

Illegal alien.

In Fayetteville AR I rear ended an illegal alien who slammed on his brakes in the middle of the road by the U of A stadium. I still had to pay to repair his vehicle and they didn't do anything about the fact that he was here illegally.

Sorry to hear about your mishap Neo. Hope everyone turns out okay.

So is the van lady NOT on the accident report?

When I was in school a couple 17 year olds were egging each other's car and racing around town chasing each other. (small town, not too alert cop) One kid decides to lock them up, the one behind tags him in the rear. The rear car got ticketed for failure to stop, or whatever, the car up front got a Illegal Parking ticket.

Surely the cops could have at least ticketed the van for something.

Did the cops even look into the van? or just assumed she was an innocent bystander?

So is the van lady NOT on the accident report?

Surely the cops could have at least ticketed the van for something.

Did the cops even look into the van?

Nope. (Don't think so - I gotta look at my paperwork again...)

Nope.

Nope.

or just assumed she was an innocent bystander?

She wanted to leave (taking the van away) and the cop allowed it since it wasn't damaged.

Something about that van wasn't kosher.

Cop wrote down the tag number and let her go anyway, I guess her daughter was the pawn in the game.

Archived