Gibson Brands Forums

watching Grammys?

saturn

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kind of watch the show just to see if any of the performances are any good. I liked Mumford & Sons and the fact that C Lo Green or whatever his name is used puppets for back-up was a reason to like his performance. I had heard some stuff about Arcade Fire and wanted to see what they were like and I liked them. And of course, Babs was fabulous.

I did like that Esperanza Spalding beat out the Beiber. I heard he was seen shaving his head after the show. Probably thinks it's time to change his image.

I saw that on Under the Great White Northern Sky.... :)

You watched it? Seriously a great movie. Cool ending too, couldn't have ended any better. Honestly, after he made that, I seriously doubted they would get back together, it seemed like the culmination of the White Stripes era to me

Yeah i loved when they went to the Reservation and he played for all the old folks...that was a cool scene too.

My favorite part was when he was telling Meg to tell the camera that he doesn't talk over her, and as she was trying to say she was quiet, he kept on talking [lol]

I literally fell out of my chair laughing on that part

I kind of watch the show just to see if any of the performances are any good. I liked Mumford & Sons and the fact that C Lo Green or whatever his name is used puppets for back-up was a reason to like his performance. I had heard some stuff about Arcade Fire and wanted to see what they were like and I liked them. And of course, Babs was fabulous.

I did like that Esperanza Spalding beat out the Beiber. I heard he was seen shaving his head after the show. Probably thinks it's time to change his image.

I cheered when Esperanza won over the beib.....she is the real deal,,few know that she also teaches at Julliard...

Nope, I'm working tonight on a technical paper, which I've been working on for the last year and a half. I made a breakthrough on the research this week so I wanted to get it all written up. That's my exciting Sunday night...

Congrats on the breakthrough! [thumbup]

I watched a little of it. Got tired of all the "bleeps". Do these people not understand that not everyone wants to hear their foul mouths?

Did enjoy the Mayer/Jones/Urban deal.

Liked Lady Antebellum.

Not much else.

Lady GagGag bores me.

Was disappointed that my friend, Alec Paleo lost to the "The Beatles" for best historical Album....but hey....if you're gonna lose to someone, the Beatles aren't too bad a deal!

Watched parts of it. Had to take my son back to school, so missed a lot.

Mumford and sons rock... Don't really know the chick that won it.

Same for Album of the year. Never heard of the band, couldn't name a single one of their songs, unlike the other 4 nominees.

For those that don't get award shows, most places of employment have recognition for their employees... and that is what awards are for folks in the various aspects of show business.

There is no "20th Century Fox" actor of the month, or "President's Club", so they get together annually and recognize their best for outstanding performances.

In theory.

I watched a little of it. Got tired of all the "bleeps". Do these people not understand that not everyone wants to hear their foul mouths?

Watched it. Muted it during anything Rap or HipHop. Can't stand that S#!t. Don't even know how they categorize some of it as music.

I love a good F bomb and think that you should be able to say whatever on cable after 10pm, but when those F bombs are directed at someone, like in rap, I feel the need to turn it off.

Same for Album of the year. Never heard of the band, couldn't name a single one of their songs, unlike the other 4 nominees.

Arcade Fire is a really good band from Montreal. One of the best live shows I have ever seen. Highly recommend YouTube'ing some of their stuff. They really did deserve album of the year.

I love a good F bomb and think that you should be able to say whatever on cable after 10pm, but when those F bombs are directed at someone, like in rap, I feel the need to turn it off.

I don't mind an "f-bomb" now an then, but I'd prefer it NOT be around my mother, (or my wife, for that matter).

There's a time and place for everything...and I think on a TV show it ain't the place.

Archived