Gibson Brands Forums

Tweed Burst Les Paul Studio

Gumby-137

I know some of you will be offended but I think this is the bomb and no the tone and sustain may not be the same but the difference is very very negligible.

Anyway I just got a hair up my you know and this is what I made out of a 2010 Les Paul Studio it sounds great and is just plain fun so feedback is welcome...

img1556ly.jpg

img1558t.jpg

Nice book-matched chevrons you've got there!

Hey, why not? It's not like it was a real '59 or anything.

And, as StiffHand says, it's been well done. Compliments to your tailor!

I hope it doesn't chafe your arm.......

P.

EDIT : I've been looking at it for a minute or two and there are quite a few ideas which came to mind. I know these might sound nuts but, hey....

Do you have any snaps of the top when it was 'natural' finish tweed? Or was it a bit too harsh?

Did you (or would you) consider cream plastics instead of black?

Lastly I think it would look really 'Vintage' with a set of aged p-up covers (along with the aforementioned cream bits)...

I Like It!

P.

I know some of you will be offended but I think this is the bomb and no the tone and sustain may not be the same but the difference is very very negligible.

Anyway I just got a hair up my you know and this is what I made out of a 2010 Les Paul Studio it sounds great and is just plain fun so feedback is welcome...

img1556ly.jpg

img1558t.jpg

that is AWESOME! love the pinup too: very nice touch!

what did you do with the back?

my gears are turning here... [biggrin]

that is AWESOME! love the pinup too: very nice touch!

what did you do with the back?

my gears are turning here... [biggrin]

I love the tweed and it looks very classy

HOWEVER...

dbreslauer- if you so much as think about putting it on that gorgeous guitar in your avatar, I will have you locked up and will be forced to take the guitar under my supervision to protect it

HOWEVER...

dbreslauer- if you so much as think about putting it on that gorgeous guitar in your avatar, I will have you locked up and will be forced to take the guitar under my supervision to protect it

PLEASEEEE!!!!!

Can you imagine what tweed or tolex would do on a semi hollow or hollow body? Maybe I will try it with an Epi. The strats bridge is on top of the tolex and yes it changes the tone much darker and well eerie. That being said a poll of my buddys like the sound(None have tolexed their guitars though however I have tweeded a couple for them)

img1522c.jpg

PLEASEEEE!!!!!

Can you imagine what tweed or tolex would do on a semi hollow or hollow body? Maybe I will try it with an Epi. The strats bridge is on top of the tolex and yes it changes the tone much darker and well eerie. That being said a poll of my buddys like the sound(None have tolexed their guitars though however I have tweeded a couple for them)

img1522c.jpg

That's super badass!

HOWEVER...

lol! ya don't worry... :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived