Gibson Brands Forums

Map of Metal

brundaddy

New Wave? Either they don't know what New Wave is or they used a term that's already been coined. Devo, Oingo Boingo, Simple Minds, Human League....all these are New Wave.

Well, it was the New Wave of British Metal, right? I mean, there are only so many names to use! Like once they used "Rock" in the 50s, it's not like we stopped using that word when referring to other, newer types of music. Same thing.

Well, it was the New Wave of British Metal, right? I mean, there are only so many names to use! Like once they used "Rock" in the 50s, it's not like we stopped using that word when referring to other, newer types of music. Same thing.

I guess, but it's going to get confusing. I thought it was kinda dumb to call 80's dance and pop music "New Wave" in the first place, it was going to be old one day.

Nah man, I'm no s'posed to like metal...

But I do anyway. [biggrin] Yeah, when I found out about that site I used to just sit there for hours listening to whatever I found interesting at the time

My favorite playlists on the Map are the Speed Metal one, the Shock Rock one, the Progressive Metal one, the 1st-gen Death Metal one, the Melodic Death one and the Tech Death one. First Wave of Black Metal is an interesting one. Djent is also pretty neat. Most of them have some pretty good stuff on them.

And yeah, I think dem00n posted it here at some point, but it's still cool.

People always post things i post three months later. [lol]

That just means you have 3 months worth of too much time on your hands

Serioulsy,

- Brutal Death Metal? as if regular Death Metal wasn't extreme enough.

- Unblack Metal?...none whiter.

- Blackened Crust Metal? that sounds delicious.

- Black Ambient Metal? whatch out Marvin Gaye somebody else is setting the mood tonight.

- Depressive Black Metal? is that just Blues from the 30's with distortion added?

That just means you have 3 months worth of too much time on your hands

Serioulsy,

- Brutal Death Metal? as if regular Death Metal wasn't extreme enough.

- Unblack Metal?...none whiter.

- Blackened Crust Metal? that sounds delicious.

- Black Ambient Metal? whatch out Marvin Gaye somebody else is setting the mood tonight.

- Depressive Black Metal? is that just Blues from the 30's with distortion added?

Brutal Death metal is a term for death metal, but after the classic area, it mostly features gore lyrics, and horror lyrics. Where death metal can be anything.

Unblack metal is Christan black metal, very stupid name!

blacked crust is just punk music and black metal.

Ambient black metal is just noise, thats all you need to know.

Depressive black metal is just black metal with a very deep and dark sound, lyrics are always about suicide and hate and pain.

Brutal Death metal is a term for death metal, but after the classic area, it mostly features gore lyrics, and horror lyrics. Where death metal can be anything.

Unblack metal is Christan black metal, very stupid name!

blacked crust is just punk music and black metal.

Ambient black metal is just noise, thats all you need to know.

Depressive black metal is just black metal with a very deep and dark sound, lyrics are always about suicide and hate and pain.

Ha, thanks but I was not looking for explanations, the names are pretty descriptive,

I made a funny and you are not laughing son.

foghornleghorn_01.jpg

Archived