Gibson Brands Forums

Using musical stuff for things other than its intended purpose

krock

What else would a Capo do other than change a guitars tuning or key?

I meant that I use it to determine pitch when tuning down. I put it on, tune as normal, and then take it off again. But ok, fine, ive also used my capo as a make shift vice type thing when I didnt own one

I sometimes use a drumstick to play my guitar. I hold it lightly in my right hand and let it "bounce" on the strings while fretting chords or notes. It has a real percusive effect. I was actually getting pretty good at developing my own technique like that for awhile but pretty much gave it up as a gimmick.

I actually "invented" that technique way back in high school in guitar calss. I used to use a pencil to tap on the nylon strings of the school guitars and it sounded real cool. [thumbup]

Let's see...

Drummers can be used to hurl at people via a catapult or the preferred method of trebuchet

Bass Drums make great tires if you get a flat

Bass strings can be used as whips if you need to fight back a lion

I've hit a basketball with my guitar when we were playing at a basketball game and it was headed straight for my drummer.

Acoustics do make great drums for simple rudimentary recordings

Guitars have saved my life, twice now

Combo amps make great chairs at practice

Oh, and another time, I pulled a MacGyver and I was able to make a bomb out of a guitar and a stick of dynamite

I meant that I use it to determine pitch when tuning down. I put it on, tune as normal, and then take it off again. But ok, fine, ive also used my capo as a make shift vice type thing when I didnt own one

That's a good idea. I've used a capo to mount a camera to my guitar's headstock. I got the idea from AC/DC's video for Thunderstruck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPGOEPf_iRI

That's a good idea. I've used a capo to mount a camera to my guitar's headstock. I got the idea from AC/DC's video for Thunderstruck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPGOEPf_iRI

Damn Twiz! That's some sick playing, I was amazed especially with that angle to see your hands move around that fretboard, like little ballerinas. I wish I could do that. So cool

Archived