Gibson Brands Forums

I'm a Sucker For Goldtops

neilpanda

If you havent seen my other thread, I went to another Long & McQuade today and ordered a volume pedal.

if I hadnt done so, I might have bought a lp traditional goldtop, man I was sold, it just looked so amazing.

I was flabbergasted when the guy told me they had 0% financing! but the manager came along and broke my

heart and said the promotion was over. I quickly picked myself up off the floor after crying for 5 minutes [flapper]

(not really) then remembered that I wanted to buy a volume pedal, none in stock, but I knew what I wanted.

so I ordered it, it should be coming in by wednesday. but boy will I never forget this day with my close

encounter with that goldtop and my selfishness [flapper] *sigh* that day will come [-o<

Here, this is for you B)

[drool] [drool] [drool]

I hope you at least played it?

yep, played it, and wouldnt let go until I heard about the no-go financing

I'm shocked they let you walk.

:)

I told them Id be coming back now and then and that I would eventually get it, so I guess theyre holding it for me

a goldtop fan too myself. Just bought a Traditional Pro that had a problem with someone in the assembly line forgetting to install a ground wire to the bridge post but took it back and got one that had just arrived yesterday at a GC and had the wire installed. The tech there told me he had gotten in 3 Traditional Pros within a short time that had the same problem. Funny how something so small can wreak so much havoc. Someone at the Nashville plant needs to do QC recon on their employees.

I'm more of an SG guy but if I was to get a Les Paul, it would be a Gold top. Or a custom. Nope, a Goldtop. Hmmm those custom's are nice though....

SG guy, AND Gold Top fan......hmmmm, me too !

Here's my new baby, made in some 3rd world country so poor they didn't even put a "Made In ??" sticker/stamp/silkscreen on it.

the beveling is groovy, all the components seem to be top quality, its only drawback is that it's NOT a G.F.O.B. guitar.

GarysCam175.jpg

Archived