Gibson Brands Forums

stevejoshlay has started a new thread...

S t e v e

I was told that I was getting full funding for the insulin pump today (type 1 Diabetic) yay me and it even has a remote...ahh hell I'll probably just lose it lmao

do you have to inject yaself scott? or is a pump a new way of doing it?

do you have to inject yaself scott? or is a pump a new way of doing it?

I inject myself 5 times a day right now. It's been mostly 2-4 times for the past 33 years. The insulin pump actually acts like a pancreas, it delivers insulin based on continuousness blood monitoring...

Right now I have to jab my fingers 4-5 times a day to monitor it. The pump will take something like 288 readings throughout the day. The cost, well um lets just say, I could easily buy two 58Lps' and a nice Marshall lol

I inject myself 5 times a day right now. It's been mostly 2-4 times for the past 33 years. The insulin pump actually acts like a pancreas, it delivers insulin based on continuousness blood monitoring...

Right now I have to jab my fingers 4-5 times a day to monitor it. The pump will take something like 288 readings throughout the day. The cost, well um lets just say, I could easily buy two 58Lps' and a nice Marshall lol

ahh man that is so unjust, maybe they will find a way that you can have a "top up" once a month and also monitor at that time also? [mellow]

ahh man that is so unjust, maybe they will find a way that you can have a "top up" once a month and also monitor at that time also? [mellow]

haha ya that would be Stem cell replacement. Still a few years away but they are making head way on it now. I still say the pharmaceutic companies will put an end to it, too much money to be lost if they actual cured a disease..just sayin lol

Archived