• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have already made enough jokes about you and "suppressing noises"

That's BS, listen to this, no noise suppression here [biggrin]

nat, do realy know what a noise supressor/noisegate actually does? :unsure:

i do, but do you? :-k

I'd like a Moogerfooger MF-104 delay.

Those are legit. I'm pretty sure they discontinued them though. If they did you could still get a NOS or used one. My friend has the Moog Ring Modulator pedal and it's a really good pedal. It does the best tremolo... One thing I really like about the Moog pedals is all the input and output options. You can control functions on the Moog pedal with other pedals and you can do some crazy stuff.

Chase - I pretty much lust after everything you listed. We have similar taste...

Steve - You should check out the ZVex Box of Metal. It has a gate and it sounds super badass. There are a lot of cool "metal" distortions out there.

my gas has cost me a fortune in the last month...and it has flared up again!

i badly badly BADLY! "need" a MXR fullbore metal distortion pedal! [drool], maybe i'll just buy it and go without food for a while [mellow]

Get two of them and stack them for extra br00talz.

If you need more gain, boost it with a DS-1 with all the knobs on full.

If you still need more gain, turn all the gain up on your amp and then slave it to a Randall solid-state amp (one of the Dimebag ones) with the gain all up.

And use EMGs. And a 10-band EQ with the mids scooped and the output all the way up.

Then play Barry Manilow songs.

METAL. [biggrin]

I like Big Muffs, I want a Big Muff, and Big Muffs are damn cheap for how good they are, so I'm definitely getting a Big Muff. No question about it, though--more pedals will come.

Except, I think I'll wait until I actually have a decent amplifier.

And I'm waiting for EVOL to jump in and explain why a Big Muff isn't a fuzz. But, apparently, a Big Muff isn't a fuzz. [smile]

If I were interested in getting a fuzz (again, I think it would be pretty much worthless with the pitiful amp that I have,) I'd probably look at an Analogman Sunface or a Way Huge Swollen Pickle, or a Devi Ever Shoegazer Fuzz, except I don't know how well they take humbuckers.

My top priorities right now are Big Muff and Wah. After that, I dunno.

I like Big Muffs, I want a Big Muff, and Big Muffs are damn cheap for how good they are, so I'm definitely getting a Big Muff. No question about it, though--more pedals will come.

Except, I think I'll wait until I actually have a decent amplifier.

And I'm waiting for EVOL to jump in and explain why a Big Muff isn't a fuzz. But, apparently, a Big Muff isn't a fuzz. [smile]

If I were interested in getting a fuzz (again, I think it would be pretty much worthless with the pitiful amp that I have,) I'd probably look at an Analogman Sunface or a Way Huge Swollen Pickle, or a Devi Ever Shoegazer Fuzz, except I don't know how well they take humbuckers.

My top priorities right now are Big Muff and Wah. After that, I dunno.

The Muffs are sweet. Fuzz or not, I dig the **** out of them. Great for creating that wall of sound that I love. Big power chords are amazing [thumbup]

Yeah, I was being sarcastic about the muff, sorry I forgot my asterisk, really great pedals regardless of price. Unfortunately for me after my KOT I will not be getting a new pedal for a while, the Tone Reaper is next though.

I also need better pictures of my pedalboard.

That thing has a funky enclosure. It looks like the enclosure from the Polytune.

I'm interested to hear what you think about it too.

Chase do you have a looper? I love looping. It seems like the coolest stuff I make is with my looper but for some reason I never loop with my band. Only when I'm by myself.

That thing has a funky enclosure. It looks like the enclosure from the Polytune.

Chase do you have a looper? I love looping. It seems like the coolest stuff I make is with my looper but for some reason I never loop with my band. Only when I'm by myself.

Nah, Though I would love to get one..but theres not a whole lot out..I was actually thinking about the boss..I dont want the digitech..and the Zvex is lo-fi..so I may try this out.

You should check out the EHX SMMH too. It's pretty sweet for looping. The best part is probably that you can record loops in any mode except the 1 sec + reverse mode. The Line 6 DL4 is really cool too.. The looper is supposed to be better than the SMMH.

I almost got a lo-fi loop junky. Those are the coolest! I figured I'd be better off with the El Cap at this point though. The loop junky definately has some features that make it extra cool though.

you're right, the enclosure is almost identical in shape to the polytune.

i really like it so far: controls are intuitive, although i have to read more about TonePrint and need to experiment more. i tend to "over-effect" everything as i play around... not too subtle here yet!

I haven't had a chance to try the looper yet, but i hope to soon.

the Analog and Tape Echo modes do sound "non-digital" to me: a good thing in my opinion. there are a LOT of options for me to learn.

Last night we got to know each other a little bit. Today we'll go for a drive.

driving while playing guitar is gonna get you in an accident... not a good idea!! haha [tongue]:rolleyes:

all sarcasm aside, im GAS'ing for a ton of pedals, but currently my top ones are:

-MXR Custom 78 Badass Distortion

-Analogman "True Vintage" modded TS808

-Way Huge Green Rhino

-Rockbox Boiling Point

-Some type of fuzz

-Dunlop Buddy Guy CryBaby Wah

-BOSS RE-20 Space Echo

-MXR Variphase

-Hardwire Stereo Reverb

[thumbup]

playing with the flashback a bit more tonight, and messing with the reverse delay in particular is wild. droned notes in particular are freaky: I made this real quick clip of a bagpipes song, "scotland the brave", with the reverse delay. trippy

this was played just the single notes straight through, with a D chord in front to "make the bed" so to speak. the effect is subtle at times, but enough to distract. :D

pardon my slop, as always. :)

http://homepage.mac.com/dbreslauer/djb/scotland.mp3

The Clip

the pedal setting is this:

fb_reverse.jpg

i also started messing with the looper a bit: sound on sound is fun, but i guess you really have to practice your "layers" up front to prevent it from becoming mud... lol.

Don

I want to build more pedals from kits. Its fun to do and you can tweak them to get exactly what you want.

However I really want a Catalinbread pedal.

SFT , DLS and the Merkin fuzz are on the radar. The demos sound good on all of them.

Archived