Gibson Brands Forums

My first Martin

Gibson Artist

Jaxson -

Very nice lookin D35 - love the back.

And is that an all hog 12? . . . I don't believe I've ever seen one. I'd love to hear a sound sample of that.

Thanks...The D-35 is just a great guitar, the J-12-15 is all mahogany, it is a great 12 string, fast response, very bright and loud as hell, with good tone seperation. Some of the 15's are built with sapele some are build with mahogany, I don't know if there is that much difference in the two woods, but I do know that this guitar is great...and you can buy them used for under 1K, I bought this one new in 05' and paid under $700.00 w/case from GC, I had them order it from Martin and paid up front with the right to reject the buy if I didn't like the guitar.. You may try this with GC...it worked out well for me.

Windmills -

Cool little OO. I've got a soft spot for Martin's all hog models - I had one in my stable for many years, the dread.

Congrats on your guitar.

I just picked up an HD-28V model. I couldn't be happier.

You should see the polish job they did on the sound hole just below the fretboard. Beautiful!!

I'd post a pic, but it might hack off the folks who are into the "historical method of not being able to complete a guitar" way of things.

... I just picked up an HD-28V model. I couldn't be happier. You should see the polish job they did on the sound hole just below the fretboard. Beautiful!! I'd post a pic, but it might hack off the folks who are into the "historical method of not being able to complete a guitar" way of things.

[laugh]. . . [lol]. . . [laugh]. . . [lol]

How about postin' a pic or two of yer new HD-28V ?

Riverside -

Oh yeah. What a beauty. Gorgeous top. Understated elegance. Love the V features, including the really nice herringbone.

Congrats. [thumbup]

Thank you.

I was kind of on the fence until that one thread (you know the one.)

After two really bad buying experiences, and seeing what constituted a "reasoned" reply to that question, it wasn't hard to make the decision.

Epiphone Artist, your comment about first starting on $50.00 Sears model made me think back to when I began. I had a $25.00 Silvertone Acoustic 6 string.

Silvertone was distributed by Sear, Roebuck & Co. at the time. A real bear to play, but I was determined. Hey, I noticed in your signature thing down below

your note that you have a Epiphone Sheraton II (Natural). I have one, too. What year is yours? Mine's a 2005, Made in Korea. Really nice guitar for the money.

Good chatting with you...Paul

I believe around the same year, i prefer semi to the full hollowbody but my ibanez does not have the proper setup just yet. Perhaps that would change my mind? Yeah, those old sears models probably started alot of people to play though ive never been serious about guitar, mostly just a hack who plays for self enjoyment.

Wow I've been Martined over! Martin's are very sweet. When I was looking for an acoustic I probably played about 30+ of them. Martin, Gibson and Taylor were at the top of my list. I decided to go with the Taylor because of its Expression System. But I do prefer the natural sound of a Martin and Gibson over a Taylor.

Have a specific Martin, Taylor, and Gibson I'd like to have and when I get the money and the opportunity I will A-B them all side by side no doubt leaving the store with one in hand.

In the meantime, Breedlove makes great guitars for the money so that's what I currently own.

Played an acoustic Carvin awhile back that was frankly just pretty impressive. Always been a Carvin electric junkie as some of you already know [ad nauseam] but hadn't ever played one of their acoustics before. Enough to where when the time comes I may just buy the Carvin, A-B it along with the other three, and then return it no questions asked if I choose one of the others. Carvin is great about that.

Which guitar mine or Bigkahune? Martin from what ive seen has 2 logos, the one i have and then the one with the letters going down the middle of the headstock. From what ive seen the ones like Bigkahunes are on the higher end models.

Yours..

That was something I did not know about Martin..

Thanks for the tidbit.....msp_thumbup.gif

so to kill some time i went onto the martin website and played around on their custom guitar builder, ok i know i said the johnny cash sig was my dream acoustic but i have had second thoughts after seeing what martin can and will build for people.. um does anyone have a spare $6500 canadian or want to set up a "help the tartanbeastie get his dream acoustic fund"

Archived