Gibson Brands Forums

You know your a snappy dresser when.....

jnastynebr

Oh was that you that hammered that new 14 year old member? I bet he won't come back.

Seems to me what Chan is saying is why point out a speck in someone's eye when you have this big plank of wood in your own eye.

I guess that's human nature to be able to look at the faults of others and not see our own faults - I get it; it happens to me sometimes too.

I think it's time for everyone to chill out.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I was one of a few forumites that criticised the young man's writing ability. I see the irony in my flaming of the boy and my own misuse of a word. However, there is a difference between posting an entire story without a single period, comma, capital, or indentation, and misplacing a comma and omitting a letter.

I didn't mean to get defensive, but I cant just stand by and get criticized by a grown man that dresses up like a knight and plays swords on the weekend. Just because this is a forum of individuals that share a common interest doesn't mean that everyone will embrace your retarded hobbies. And for the love of God, don't call it a sport.

You one angry dude.

In fact, i'm a little curious as to why it matters what one chooses to do on weekends. Is there some sort of qualification matrix you could point me to? What hobbies would one have to take part in to make it ok with you to correct your writing without a mean response? :)

Rock, Paper, Scissors?

Soccer?

Baseball?

Karate?

Board games?

Golf?

Tiddly winks?

[tongue]

Please dont call it a sport.

I hope you have a good Monday, too.

Not coreographed, pits physical skill and technique vs physical skill and technique, involves wins and losses in regularly held tournaments....

Let's see.

sport

spɔrt, spoʊrt

[spawrt, spohrt] –noun 1. an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature

Yep, sounds like a sport to me.

Purely out of curiosity, what would you refer to it as?

(And thanks, Shred and Droje :D

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed!)

Alright, let's stop defending our pass times and hit this nail on the head a few more times. I'm going to blatantly break a forum rule.

Jnastynebr, you're a jerk. The kind of jerk you only meet in traffic and on the internet. All talk and horn, full of nothing but insults and self loathing. I imagine you like to cut drivers off short and slam on the breaks, or rider the bumper with high beams on. But when you someone confronts you in "Real Life" you're just a pissing little scared dog.

There, I said it. But if this clown had been banned this morning it wouldn't have had to be said.

Well that's just not a very nice thing to say at all. [crying]

You can call me what you like, but I pride myself on my excellent and safe driving, as well as my ability to efficiently operate automobiles in city traffic. I demand you take back your unnecessary comments about my driving.

And, I am also a jerk in real life, which is where I spend the vast majority of my time, unlike some of the members of this forum.

Thanks, but I don't need to be corrected. Why dont you go play with your swords or something. YOU'RE neighbor is getting ready to storm your castle, and YOUR the only one who can defend it, so you better sharpen YOU'RE axe.

Is this supposed to be ironic?

Because Chan already explained it in a previous post. YOU'RE not getting it, I guess?

Here's what you really typed in response;

"Thanks, but I don't need to be corrected. Why don't you go play with your swords or something. YOU ARE neighbour is getting ready to storm your castle and your (wrong) the only one who can defend it, so you better sharpen YOU ARE axe.

That is a fail,

Chan if and when the zombies come I'd want you to have my back.

Well that's just not a very nice thing to say at all. [crying]

You can call me what you like, but I pride myself on my excellent and safe driving, as well as my ability to efficiently operate automobiles in city traffic. I demand you take back your unnecessary comments about my driving.

And, I am also a jerk in real life, which is where I spend the vast majority of my time, unlike some of the members of this forum.

People might understand you a little better if you filtered your thoughts and opinions through your brain first instead of them coming directly out of your A** .

Sorry it took it me so long to get back. I was busy......oh that's right, having a life.

Shred, anyone of those listed would be appropriate, but I would also add golf, competitive eating, and floor hockey. So that excludes fake sword fighting, pro wrestling, and NASCAR.

Artie, yes the all caps are meant to indicate emphasis on the misuse. Also, Chan would only be useful in zombie apocalypse if the zombies are also playing fake sword fighters.

Fred, with the AT&T anywhere network, I get coverage under 98% of bridges nationwide.

Andy, this same logic should be applied when posting threads on how to build fake Gibsons on a Gibson forum.

I owe everyone an apology. I am sorry if I pissed anyone off. I have been told to get a life by a teenage that will never know the affections of a woman unless its on a forum. Then, to think before talking out of my a** by a high school drop out, and finally had my driving abilities insulted by a random person that had nothing to do with the threads in question, but felt the need to attack my commuting habits. Because of these statements, a logical person would assume he has rubbed the forum the wrong way, despite not being deleted or even warned by the moderators. So, consider this my 75% sincere public apology for ruffling feathers while sneaking in a couple of jabs.

And....the suit was pretty shotty so I sent it back and spent a litle more on one.

Thank you, and good day.

Sorry it took it me so long to get back. I was busy......oh that's right, having a life.

Shred, anyone of those listed would be appropriate, but I would also add golf, competitive eating, and floor hockey. So that excludes fake sword fighting, pro wrestling, and NASCAR.

Artie, yes the all caps are meant to indicate emphasis on the misuse. Also, Chan would only be useful in zombie apocalypse if the zombies are also playing fake sword fighters.

Fred, with the AT&T anywhere network, I get coverage under 98% of bridges nationwide.

Andy, this same logic should be applied when posting threads on how to build fake Gibsons on a Gibson forum.

I owe everyone an apology. I am sorry if I pissed anyone off. I have been told to get a life by a teenage that will never know the affections of a woman unless its on a forum. Then, to think before talking out of my a** by a high school drop out, and finally had my driving abilities insulted by a random person that had nothing to do with the threads in question, but felt the need to attack my commuting habits. Because of these statements, a logical person would assume he has rubbed the forum the wrong way, despite not being deleted or even warned by the moderators. So, consider this my 75% sincere public apology for ruffling feathers while sneaking in a couple of jabs.

And....the suit was pretty shotty so I sent it back and spent a litle more on one.

Thank you, and good day.

6lo0etv.jpg

Thank you, and good day.

Well actually it was just one thread and I knew exactly what I was doing. I was also changing the design and pretty much showed that the cost for a 1 time build is not worth the money or trouble. I pretty much knew it would be taken down and believe me I can be much more "covert" if I want to be.

By the way, I would be happy to compare my paystub to yours( or as you would say you'res ) any day, as well as my house and the amount of property that I own. I think you would be surprised by what this "high School drop out" has accomplished. I can also afford a nice suit as well and can manage to accomplish these without treating other forum members like a d*&k head .

By the way I received a GED when I was 18 and scored in the top 10% in the nation. I also attended Purdue University for 2 years and was on the Deans list. Now I can go back any time I like to finish my degree and my company will pay for it.

Sincere Regards,

Andy

I concede defeat, Andy. I'm not going to scan my pay stubs or property deeds and post them online, so lets just assume you are rich, and I'm just another guy that took a job in NY and moved to Connecticut with the rest of us poor okies.

I'm sorry to all the people that I pissed off. Chanman, I am sorry I attacked your hobby. Jeez, a guy cant post a 75% sincere apology on the forum and not get attacked about posting pay stubs?

It's aight man.

I ain't posting deeds or paystubs either.

I am curious as to what you consider what I do, and Golf and Nascar, if not sports.

I'm pretty sure Pro Wrestling was classified as "entertainment", and I would also put competitive eating into that category, personally.

But golf, race car driving, and yes, stick fighting all take physical prowess, skill and conditioning....

So if not a sport, what then?

Thank you, Chanman for not stomping on the olive branch.

The term "Sport" has come to encompass much more than soccer and hockey in recent years (I thought curling was a joke the first time I saw it), so if you consider it a sport, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. My list was more or less a joke, but I do not consider eating, WWF, or driving sports. It appears as you are passionate and dedicated, so I am glad that you found something that makes you happy.

I enjoy hiking the beautiful wooded hills of Connecticut, and I'm sure some people would argue hiking is not a sport.

/chuckle

Those people have never been serious hikers then..... or perhaps would say if there is no direct person to person competition it fails the definition.

Seriously, though, this debate often rages within our own group. Some call it a sport, others a martial art... others refer to it as a game. I am clearly in the "sport" camp, as I feel it most closely aligns itself with that definition. I figured I'd get an outsiders opinion, and yours seemed to be fairly unbiased with respect to participation.

Interesting question Chan and nope I don't have an answer either - but I just listened last night to a couple of people I just met argue the same point for a bout an hour in regards to the Paintball or the new plastic pellet gun sports that are so popular. They do military and police style combat against teams in a competition format and are trying to get the Airsoft (I think it was called) recognized so they can try to start school teams in colleges etc.

In about thirty minutes they had people all through the bar arguing about all kinds of activities like darts, bowling, roller derby, kayaking, archery, surfing, dog sledding, frisbee and about 50 others that are confusing in a (sport vs. game) way and nobody could really agree on most of them. I thought about you when the conversation started but nobody brought up hitting each other with sticks so can't say the bar conversation helped since they didn't vote on stick warfare - so who knows maybe someday will all see Viking battles and broadswords in the Olympics again...

The decision of the bar on the Airsoft stuff was it wasn't a sport since it was mostly pretend? so I guess real swords and guns might be sport? didn't make much since and probably not a good idea anyway.

Now that we're all friends again, I remember taking a course called "The History of Sport" and the very first class the prof asked someone to define the word "Sport". Then asked if someone could render that definition un-true or not inclusive.

Needless to say our entire class could not come to an agreement or consensus on what "Sport" is, it's too broad a topic, though we did learn quite a bit throughout that entire semester.

For instance, the term Amateur has been traced back to Greek times, when people would play "sports" for the love of sport. Derived from the greek word for love, an amateur "Loved" the sport and they were more respected than what we would consider professional athletes today, because professionals did it for money, not passion or love.

Archived