Gibson Brands Forums

forum.gibson.com Driver Error

duane v

Guest FarnsBarns

Do you get this in different browsers, I stick to webkit browsers and haven't seen it at all. Perhaps I'll have a go with IE and see if I get it.

Duane, this sounds like a SiteCatalyst error. Could the devs look at putting the SC code after the important markup (prioritizing users)?

Just a suggestion.

I get it every thread I click on..I usually have to wait 2 min for each thread, and usually it ends up at the DRIVERS ERROR page...i have to try clicking the same thread 3-4 times, before it finally opens without the DRIVER ERROR screen...its only this forum as well...My comp can handle any website lightning fast besides this one...I thought everyone was having this problem...

PS: it took me five times, to try to open this thread..(about 8 min)

Guest FarnsBarns

I had these troubles with Microsoft's Internet Explorer.

Now I use Google's Chome - no problems . . . . (unless there's a forum crash [flapper] )

Yep, I can now confirm that webkit based browsers are not suffering with this recent issue (I didn't even know about the issue til I tried it after reading this thread. Kill IE, it stinks.

Interesting.

I use IE and I haven't had any issues at all such as the one reported by Duane or anyone elses for that matter.

Same here. IE 8 and never see the issue.

Slow is a relevant term. It takes me maybe 5 seconds to load a thread... 10 to load the forum at first. Not very slow at all, from my perspective.

/shrug

Guest FarnsBarns

I have been getting that error for a while now with Google chrome. Takes forever to load a thread and possibly two-three tries to open each thread...I bet it's Gibson's quality inspectors again lol

I just had the error in Chrome, there goes my webkit theory! Oh well, I'll try firebug later and see what I can find out.

Archived