Gibson Brands Forums

well this is a bit embarrassing...

S t e v e

as you know, i went out yesterday with my brother and had a fantastic time! up untill i got to the COB gig...i got so drunk that i ended up having to go home even before the support act finnished [blush][crying], i was literally swaying back n forth on my feet and seeing double...i'm gutted.

and to top it all off i got lost on the way home, took me 3hrs instead of 30 mins #-o

Sounds like when I went to see Metallica back in the day however, I was under different influences that night lol....Well I think I saw them lol

Oh well that sucks Steve, maybe a lesson learnt for the next time you go to a gig. It happens to the best of us and nothing to be embarrassed about unless you got picked up by a transvestite on the way home lol

Drinking is so much fun! Why did I ever give it up? Oh yea..... :blink:

Not for nuthin' but I thought if you went to a "gig" it ment you were playing. Otherwise you're going to a show. I'm right about that.... right?

I thought if you went to a "gig" it ment you were playing. Otherwise you're going to a show. I'm right about that.... right?

I think someone on here defined "gig" as "playing outside your home for more than 2 people".

I'm assuming it is ok to attend someone else's "gig", else there would never be "2 or more people".

Yuck. That happened to me once when I was 14 I think. We were on our way to a concert in Vancouver and we started drinking early. I didn't have much of a tolerance for alcohol of course and I fell asleep in my chair. The band I missed hearing? Led Zeppelin. My own darn fault. [cursing]

Yuck. That happened to me once when I was 14 I think. We were on our way to a concert in Vancouver and we started drinking early. I didn't have much of a tolerance for alcohol of course and I fell asleep in my chair. The band I missed hearing? Led Zeppelin. My own darn fault. [cursing]

Ouch!!!

I've never been so inebriated as to have missed a show, but I have watched one or two through a definite fog....

Ahh... youth! I am shocked I survived it.

Ouch!!!

I've never been so inebriated as to have missed a show, but I have watched one or two through a definite fog....

Ahh... youth! I am shocked I survived it.

I do remember the odd snippet of a song or two, but that's about it.

I too wondered how the heck I got through my youth! I hardly drink at all anymore and don't miss it. I'll have a glass of wine on Saturday night when I play guitar, or a beer, and that's it.

I never enjoyed getting drunk... The hangover the next day isn't worth it...

I totally enjoyed getting drunk. Turns out the people around me didn't care much for it. The second time I woke up beaten so bad I could hardly move with no recollection of where I was or how I got that way I thought "....hmmm.... Maybe I'm an asshole when I'm drunk..."

Guest FarnsBarns

I've never heard this thing about not being a gig unless you're playing. Everyone round my way says they are going to a gig if they are going out to listen to live music.

Edit: just realized that Steve is not far from me.

My friend, Paul, became conscious in a hedge, unable to move, during Hendrix' set at the isle of white festival.

If it makes you feel any better there is a pretty good chance that the band was drunk and they probably don't remember it either.

I'll play a show buzzed to take the edge off and loosen up.

Once i drank a bit more than usual and by the end of the set i was smoking cigarettes while playing and PUTTING THEM OUT USING MY GUITAR'S FINISH. :-(

I procceeded to use my modded junior's back control plate as an ashtray after burning a hole through it.

Allegedly i tossed it off the stage (only like 3 feet high) and B-lined it to the bar for another beer after the final chord of the last song. All i really remember that night is that fat tire was on draft, and my guitar served as an ashtray. This is confirmed by the gaping hole in the plastic and the burn marks in the finish, and the massive hangover that followed

never again did i drink more than 2 pints before gigging.

Steve, you don't remember me telling you that the station was NOT your stop ????? You don't remember telling me that you

want to join the Jonas Brothers ??????? Wow.................hmmmmm........[scared] :unsure: [crying][flapper][lol] ..............

Archived