Gibson Brands Forums

Those Strings Cost How Much?

MrNylon

What is the most you are paying now, or have paid for either guitar, or bass strings? I just recently bought a set (4 strings) of bass D'Addario Nylon Tapewound strings for $33. buckaroos. List price is $63. They do last a long time, and don't ware down the frets. The sound is great too. [thumbup]

Dunlop and Slinkys bought on sale in bulk packs, I think they were about 3 dollars a pack on the high end. Been using those for a year and a half now. Most I paid was 10 bucks a pack for Titanium Slinkys. they lasted two weeks before they got overly created. I bought three packs total for 30 bucks because they were supposed to be amazing and last forever. all three packs stayed on guitars for about a month and a half.

Bass strings are expensive, and my friend plays upright bass. I was complaining about something for electric guitar, and her stuff is way pricier

Now I've got to find a set that fits my Am. Std. bass. D'Addario nylons are to short. The wrappings a half to three quarters of an inch in to the nut. And those are long scale strings. [thumbdn]

I was actually dumb enough to pay retail for a set of "coated" strings. Like $22 with tax.

Never again. But then the local retailer wonders why there ain't much for strings sales.

EDIT: BTW, "local" vendor translates into about a 140 mile round trip.

m

Ahhhhhh. Thanks for that one.

D'Addario got back to me on my problem of short Nylon bass strings. They're sending me a replacement set. I got a reply from them very fast. They treated me well without kissing my a#*. If the strings work out, that will be great. If they don't, I'll still continue to use D'Addario strings. A company that backs their product. Bravo D'Addario! [thumbup]

Archived