Gibson Brands Forums

Whites Only

TommyK

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never come across a situation where a white guitar could not do what a black one or a colored one can do.

On that note. Have you noticed how a clean car drives better than a dirty one and a clean guitar is better than a dirty one?

I think the colour of the guitar matters as you have to be happy with what you're playing.

ie, You could have an Epi Les Paul and a Gibson one. Yet to most people the Gibson would play better just because of the name.

The blues aren't as cool on white guitars............

Lloyd Jones, Norman sylvester, Peter damann (with Paul Delay), Monti Amondson, Stu Kinzel, all posses White strats.

Jim Mesi a least used to have one. So did A.C. Porter.

On that note. Have you noticed how a clean car drives better than a dirty one and a clean guitar is better than a dirty one?

I think the colour of the guitar matters as you have to be happy with what you're playing.

ie, You could have an Epi Les Paul and a Gibson one. Yet to most people the Gibson would play better just because of the name.

I agree, except for the part about the myth that poeple prefer Gibson because of the name.

It isn't a myth. Epiphones are fine guitars and good for the money, but lets give credit where credit is due. Most poeple, given a choice, prefer the Gibson because of the quality, it just happens to say Gibson on it.

I'm afraid there is still racism when it comes to guitars.

Lloyd Jones, Norman sylvester, Peter damann (with Paul Delay), Monti Amondson, Stu Kinzel, all posses White strats.

Jim Mesi a least used to have one. So did A.C. Porter.

I know; I've met most of them guys.....I was just kidding..I have two white strats............And I am a blues player, when I want to be......[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ......

I know; I've met most of them guys.....I was just kidding..I have two white strats............And I am a blues player, when I want to be......[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ......

Yea, I know. I have a white strat as well.

But as I think of it, we are sort of a dorky crowd, aren't we? Us portland blues guys?

So, I digress. You are right.

hey I posted this a week ago! [cursing]

Sorry, I didn't mean to re-tread your thread. I didn't see it.

It's amazing how some go ga-ga over white guit tars. Me?, I'm not especially fond of them, but with the gold appointments, they really caught my eye. :blink:

I like white guitars especially the older Fender white that fades to that creamy toffee yellow - the new stuff from Epiphone with the cheap gold hardware not so much. The paint is too easy to mark up, the gold wears off quickly and unevenly and that's just not a look I love, in fact I can't stand it. The only Epiphone I own anymore is white though, I got one of the Wilshire models made in the Gibson USA Custom Shop in White and it's a great feeling, looking and playing guitar.

I also have a White Billy Jo Armstrong Junior not becasue of him at all but because I wanted a White Junior with a ebony fretboard.

Chinese Epiphone guitars though - nope no interest in owning one ever.

Wilshire-White-Finish-Shot.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

I like white guitars especially the older Fender white that fades to that creamy toffee yellow - the new stuff from Epiphone with the cheap gold hardware not so much. The paint is too easy to mark up, the gold wears off quickly and unevenly and that's just not a look I love, in fact I can't stand it. The only Epiphone I own anymore is white though, I got one of the Wilshire models made in the Gibson USA Custom Shop in White and it's a great feeling, looking and playing guitar.

I also have a White Billy Jo Armstrong Junior not becasue of him at all but because I wanted a White Junior with a ebony fretboard.

Chinese Epiphone guitars though - nope no interest in owning one ever.

Wilshire-White-Finish-Shot.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

whatever its okay if you like billyjoe

The standard junior comes in white WITH an ebony fretboard. Coulda saved $400, but its ok. Gotta own your heros axe, right?

SOO JUST SCREWING WITH YOU.

lol

:D

I really dig that wilshire. I wanted one REAL bad. Do they still have them available!?

wahhhhh waaaahhhh wahhhhh this is racist! booo hooo! [crying]

lolz jk

i mean... white is right.... right? lol

LOL

I actually have nothing against Billy Joe Armstrong at all actually thought American Idiot was well done. that said I had never seen him play a white junior so don't know how it's a sig but at the time the Juniors being made were only available in rosewood in fact the BJA model was the only junior being made with a ebony board I could find.

The case was the real reason though I always wanted a fake leopard skin guitar case so thats the real draw for his sig. [flapper]

Picking up on and running with the 'white guitar' posts

How about a white double bass?

To my eyes beautiful and surreal.....

V

:-({|=

You mean like this:

http://store.youngcomposers.com/catalog/product/gallery/id/5621/image/14019/

Our school had one. They bass players call it "Moby ****, the Great White Bass"

Moby ****? Sheez, Even Herman Melville can't get a break here.

Really guys, it's no mystery. That's what Olympic White does, if my Strat didn't age I would have been severely disappointed. They even have a color called "Vintage White" so you don't have to wait (although it's more banana than the real aged white).

A classic example of how Olympic White changes colour is the Hendrix Woodstock Strat that looks more like the 60s blonde colour than white now.I guess my Jimmie Vaughn Strat is destined to look that way in 40 years too.BTW a couple of pages back a guy wrote about his MIC Trad Pro and how he'd never buy another MIC guitar.I have 4 MIC Epis and each one is an exceptional guitar.My Trad Pro is an absolute joy to play and the pups sound so much like PAFs that it's uncanny.

I love that aged white color. I think it's very elegant.

Also, Moby Penis.

Moby Penis is a rare guitar color that occurs when a white geetar is whaled upon for ages, travels the seven seas, has done oceans of gigs,

and finally ends up a light gray........................

Archived