Gibson Brands Forums

Finally Photos of My 50s Tribute

Namvet

I've read on here if no photos it wasn't so. Here's my Les Paul Studio 50s tribute. I had walked into the local Mom & Pop guitar shop looking for a 60s tribute as a retirement gift to myself. Saw 2 of these mixed in with the higher end Gibsons. Kind of surprised me when he said they were 50s tributes, this was last month! Tried them out and chose the cherry burst because it just felt right, the other one was white, reminding me of the Les Paul Jr with the SG cut outs I had in my teens. I am by no means a musician, just a hobbyist. Playing my guitars and occasionally jamming with a couple of friends helps my PTSD according to my counselor (I did Vietnam eons ago). Unfortunately, I am limited to what I can play due to an injury years ago that left me only able to use a thumb pick. I'm missing my right index finger and my right thumb doesn't bend or move. At least I try and enjoy it. All the best to you rockin' guitarists out there. By the way, this is not intended to be a sympathy story, just wanted to let you all know where I'm coming from. I am actually very comfortable with handling my disability and coping with my limitations.

bewdy. Gots me thinking about possibly actually going over to GC and looking for one or more of those things.

Enjoy it very much in good health for a long time to come!

rct

Archived