Gibson Brands Forums

Take a look.

Thundergod

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Custom-Electric-Guitar-2006-MADE-USA-/110677920884?_trksid=p4340.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D10%26pmod%3D220744252899%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8714652872809508548#ht_1366wt_1122

Let me know if the link doesn't work... and if you can, please report it to ebay.

I also got some pics of fakes taken by me at a local store, they had 10 or 12 of them, some really ugly and with more things wrong than you could ever dream of.

Good one! I wonder how people buy these guitars and REALLY think they are authentic?

parents to young kids starting guitar. they assume if they buy a nice guitar, they will save money in the long run.

but they want to save a bit of money so they rely on sites like ebay. they encounter these flashy looking guitars

for low prices, they buy without realizing.

but the exact opposite happened to my brothers friend. he was at a garage sale, and he found a nice gibson lp(real) that belonged

to the sellers ex-boyfriend. he got it for $40CAD and was able to authenticate it at two different stores. I wish I was him <_<

They really put a lot of work into it, I'm pretty terrible at spotting fakes I can't really see anything wrong with it.

If you're being sarcastic then I understand. If not read on a bit further. Most times I find it's easiest to spot a fake looking at the headstock. Like I posted the diamond inlay from a lygit LP and the difference in size. Not to mention the tuning pegs, shape of the headstock, truss rod cover and "wings" I guess you could call them are all typical give aways to even some of the better tries at copies. In this case the truss rod cover is only two screws which is proper, but the diamond in the middle is typical of a copy.

Sorry different thread. Here look at the questionable guitar at the top, then at the one I posted a few posts after that,

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/67080-fake-or-real/

I'm sorry, I'm just too...busy I guess, to get out the cape and mask and save the world from dire consequences of all those fake guitars.

rct

You can't be THAT busy, I mean you read this thread, and decided it was worth your time to post that it wasn't worth your time.

You can't be THAT busy, I mean you read this thread, and decided it was worth your time to post that it wasn't worth your time.

Yeah, but I did say "...busy I guess." Nicer than saying "I don't understand why anyone cares about anyone selling fake guitars." I guess.

Seems dumb to me is all, I don't buy stuff on ebay, I don't recommend it to anyone, and I don't care who buys a fake guitar. In my opinion, the guitar in question is over a grand, if you are looking at buying a guitar, and you gotta grand to dump on it, and you know absolute jackola about guitars, well you takes yer chances and pays yer money. Better to wait until you have some idea about guitars before jumping in. THAT, more than anything, will stop fakes and the faking fakers that fake them.

rct

Yeah, but I did say "...busy I guess." Nicer than saying "I don't understand why anyone cares about anyone selling fake guitars." I guess.

Seems dumb to me is all, I don't buy stuff on ebay, I don't recommend it to anyone, and I don't care who buys a fake guitar. In my opinion, the guitar in question is over a grand, if you are looking at buying a guitar, and you gotta grand to dump on it, and you know absolute jackola about guitars, well you takes yer chances and pays yer money. Better to wait until you have some idea about guitars before jumping in. THAT, more than anything, will stop fakes and the faking fakers that fake them.

rct

Fair enough. The reason why we all report these people is because we're not worried that we'll accidentally buy a fake guitar, but what if it was your mother (or other relevant loved one) who got had trying to buy you a birthday or christmas present? Are they supposed to know as much as we do about guitars? How would you feel if it was someone close to you? Personally if my Grandmother had gotten ripped off trying to get a deal on a guitar for me or any of her grandkids, I'd be livid at the seller for taking advantage of someone trusting.

Fair enough. The reason why we all report these people is because we're not worried that we'll accidentally buy a fake guitar, but what if it was your mother (or other relevant loved one) who got had trying to buy you a birthday or christmas present? Are they supposed to know as much as we do about guitars? How would you feel if it was someone close to you? Personally if my Grandmother had gotten ripped off trying to get a deal on a guitar for me or any of her grandkids, I'd be livid at the seller for taking advantage of someone trusting.

I agree 110%!! [thumbup]

Fair enough. Nobody close to me would spend that kinda dough on something without at least talking to me. I suppose that is of a concern to others, and it would be, in the end, a very expensive lesson.

What is eBay going to do? "HEY!!! THAT'S FAKE!!!". Long as I can remember since eBay took off these kinds of REPORT THEM threads on usenet and in the other old forums that were around. Long as there has been an eBay there has been an eBay that doesn't give one good crap about what people try to sell on there. That's my experience and recollection, maybe they are different now. I would think you would have to be the buyer to do anything about anything, and even that is probably ridiculously difficult.

rct

Fair enough. Nobody close to me would spend that kinda dough on something without at least talking to me. I suppose that is of a concern to others, and it would be, in the end, a very expensive lesson.

What is eBay going to do? "HEY!!! THAT'S FAKE!!!". Long as I can remember since eBay took off these kinds of REPORT THEM threads on usenet and in the other old forums that were around. Long as there has been an eBay there has been an eBay that doesn't give one good crap about what people try to sell on there. That's my experience and recollection, maybe they are different now. I would think you would have to be the buyer to do anything about anything, and even that is probably ridiculously difficult.

rct

Like Steve said, the seller has just recently updated his description to acknowledge that he is not sure it is real and is attempting to verify it with Customer Service. Good karma baby!

Archived