Gibson Brands Forums

What Does Your Sound Taste Like?

Artie Owl

Hey guys, and gals, let's criss cross our senses for a bit here. If your sound was a taste what would it taste like? Would it be warm, or hot, or cool? Would it be smooth or crunchy? This can be any tone that you yourself can produce, or have produced in the past.

I've been thinking about it myself, and I have to say if I think about my SG Standard through my Blues Jr, warmed up that is my sound could taste warm, sweet, and round. Full, not unlike a jelly filled donut, and come on, who doesn't like Jelly filled donuts!?

Who's next?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats a good question!

I actually don't know...i might say something but others may taste something different. I would say maybe something hot like an spicy meatball. :)

You guys tell me! Most of you guys have heard my stuff...

http://www.soundcloud.com/shredastaire (I think that's it....but its blocked at work so I can't czech)

I would have to say my sound would taste like picking up that brown beer bottle at a party, taking a swig and getting a mouth full of cigarette butts! Nah I kid its not that bad, I imagine it tasting like a cool, juicy sweet piece of honeydew melon followed by a swift smash to the face with an ultra tangy lemon.

Thats a good question!

I actually don't know...i might say something but others may taste something different. I would say maybe something hot like an spicy meatball. :)

You guys tell me! Most of you guys have heard my stuff...

http://www.soundcloud.com/shredastaire (I think that's it....but its blocked at work so I can't czech)

Shred, a lot of your riffs have epic hero like qualities to them from what I've heard, so maybe a spicy meatball hero sandwhich!

I couldn't say. It would be better to see what your music tastes like to others. I think that would be more interesting, IMHO.

Like for me, ArtieO's Youtube tune I checked out yesterday, tasted like a warm soft chocolate chip cookie with the chocolate melting. Fer real... Whaddaya...?

I would post a clip and see what you guys think but I have no way to upload clips. I have recorded a bunch but can't use like soundcloud or anything like that.

I think my sound is like playdoh.. Fun to play with, not to eat.

I couldn't say. It would be better to see what your music tastes like to others. I think that would be more interesting, IMHO.

Like for me, ArtieO's Youtube tune I checked out yesterday, tasted like a warm soft chocolate chip cookie with the chocolate melting. Fer real... Whaddaya...?

That's a good idea Wah Keen, I think we should share what we think it tastes like as well as what others think, it's all about sharing. I'm going to go listen to a bit more of your playing in a few. Think about what you think your playing tastes like too though.

I would post a clip and see what you guys think but I have no way to upload clips. I have recorded a bunch but can't use like soundcloud or anything like that.

I think my sound is like playdoh.. Fun to play with, not to eat.

LOL....Love it..My music..its fun to play with..not to eat... [thumbup]

As long as it doesn't taste like sh**. Then again, who's tasted sh**?.... Hmmm....

Cool beans Artie, I donno, maybe mine tastes like.... I reall don't know... I'll have to think on this one.

I like your analogy. However, I don't like to mix my emotions with food. Thats when you typically, over eat. With me, music is more of an emotion, something I'm trying to say and can't get out unless I play it. It's in my head and I want to get it out and share it. Hopefully, it doesn't taste too bad for others. If I had to put my favorite guitar sound in to food terms, I would say Creamy.

A spicy vegetarian curry over brown rice with a golden lager to drink. The rice will fill you up, but because we don't have a bass player you won't feel I just ate two eclairs full. The curry is my attitude, volume, and FXs. The vegetable medley is my drummer. That cat's palette is pretty diverse. We have some mellower stuff which is the beer.

I don't know, it's easier for me to cross aural and tactile sensations. I always aim to have my sound feel like a punch between the eyes, but I suppose taste is a little harder for me to figure out--probably because I have no taste! [lol]

No, I guess my sound doesn't taste like anything to me...I dunno, maybe it tastes fruity, or cheesy. :lol:

That's my whole point though, we wouldn't normally associate our sounds with a different sense, but I think it's good to think about it in different terms.

Trying thinking of a taste or flavour and play like tastes in practice or something.

Some people don't differentaite between sesnses when playing music, it happens to affect all of their senses at once. Perhaps that's how it was for guys like Jimmy Hendrix and such.

Peanut Butter and Jelly.

it seems simple, but the type of peanut butter or jelly is all up to you

and don't get me started on breads...

Chunky or Creamy peanut butter thats a huge difference?

Archived