Gibson Brands Forums

what is the point of FUZZ?

S t e v e

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know you're just baiting the fuzz-heads here, but I'm gonna feed you anyway because I can afford to. [biggrin]

Fuzz is an effect that makes your guitar sound cool. Effects tend to do that. Fuzz is very, very versatile--it can be subtle or in your face or anything in-between or even outside of that. There are some things that you just need it for. Sometimes it makes it sound thicker, sometimes it makes it sound thinner. It can turn lush into harsh, it can turn sterile into lush, it can turn blues into full-on psychedelia. Fuzz has the same point that every other effect has--it makes your tone different, and fuzz sounds very hip.

There are fuzz connoisseurs on here (Fred, Evol, Dub, etc.) who can sum it up better than I can, but basically my point is that fuzz for them is like high-gain distortion for you, or like reverb for **** Dale, or like chorus for Zakk Wylde. It makes that axe in your hands take on a characteristic that you want your notes to have.

As said before it can give you different tone but I think it can also just enhance the tone you already. And with most good fuzz boxes you can still get the individual notes to shine through... I don't think it's hiding behind effects at all.

dem00n, i know that but as i am the resident troll (according to fuzzy)...i thought i'd throw him a line...and he bit [biggrin]

I knew you were trolling, I always like the throw the dog a bone though.

I don't care if you don't like fuzz, all I'm saying is that you're trolling.

More fuzz for me, I'm happy

I knew you were trolling, I always like the throw the dog a bone though.

I don't care if you don't like fuzz, all I'm saying is that you're trolling.

More fuzz for me, I'm happy

only trolls like fuzz...you are a troll =;

What is the point of BLUE?

i just don't get why an artist would want that color, talk about hiding behind colors...just my opinion =;

What is the point of PEPPER?

i just don't get why a chef would want that spice, talk about hiding behind flavors...just my opinion =;

There!

Proper perspective applied!

You're welcome :D

Not a troll. Get it right. This bad boy sits on top of my amp at shows now

377815f5.jpg

THIS IS A HIJACK!!!!

DUDE I LOVE my Fender Mini-Tonemaster. It has an AWESOME sound for a mini :D!!!

Works great with a Boss Acoustic Simulator, too.....

THIS IS A HIJACK!!!!

DUDE I LOVE my Fender Mini-Tonemaster. It has an AWESOME sound for a mini :D!!!

Works great with a Boss Acoustic Simulator, too.....

Disgusting amount of tone for 20 dollars, I travel with it and my Strat, it fits in the case perfectly. I love the damn thing

The gnome is the secret to my tone, don't tell anyone though

Disgusting amount of tone for 20 dollars, I travel with it and my Strat, it fits in the case perfectly. I love the damn thing

The gnome is the secret to my tone, don't tell anyone though

I KNOW!!! I was pleasantly surprised when I cranked it up. Definitely a usable piece of gear... unlike the other minis in my collection.

Steve your a strange guy, you can't even figure out who you are. But it sure doesn't stop you from posting

-

Those little amps are kind of fun I have a few of them, My favorite though is the ZVEX sitting on top of one of the lunchbox mini cabs it's really amazing how much tone and volume you can crank out of something that tiny.

Archived