Gibson Brands Forums

My amp stand

ChanMan

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. Wife took the pic to show my daughter what I did with the wall hangers she gave me for Father's Day. I thought the grain in the Ibanez acoustic looked good with the stand :).

Just another Atlas Stand plus!

yep, gonna have to float the floor or put some wall sockets in there!

jk

looks good to me, I like cables all over the place, makes me feel good [thumbup]

Cables001.jpg

There IS a certain " elegance " to a messy but 'functional' music room.....A true musician can scan a pic of one, and understand the controled, or uncontroled chaos.......

• 1 month later...

Aww man!!!! I LOVE the attached pedal board!!

Great addition :).... and yet another GORGEOUS stand, Josh!

For the record, I've listened to my amp on my Atlas stand in just about every nook and cranny of my house and it sounds better in every way.

Next up is to swap the BJ for the Nemesis and see what it does for the bass....

• 1 month later...

Thanks DAS44. This is the second one ever, we are incorporating a kick plate so it can be opened and close with a foot. we also have cold rolled steel @ 3/8" for the axles, as you can see I still need to cap the axle holes. I have a piece of walnut on the lathe to turn to 3/8" asap to make the dowel for the caps:) The next one will be a bit larger and have a completely new hinge design. Each attempt gets better, and each old design becomes more of a rarity in the design process because it will be a one of a kind in every aspect of the term:) Like a concept car...

Just a few more days and we will randomly draw a winner for the free amp stand! Josh

301912_205814989482042_155497294513812_577942_7289410_n.jpg

Hey Josh, long time no talk. Hope things are going well! I know when I eventually get into a house with my future wife I'm going to want a marshall and something to put it on, so stay tuned and keep up the great work!

Hi Artie, yes it's been a while. Many thank yous for all the support. I'd be honored to build for you my friend, just let me know when you are ready.

I bet an ebony stained butternut or two toned butternut/walnut studio model would look killer with a black and gold Marshall. Butternut is like white Walnut. It's sort of golden brown and shimmery just like black walnut. I have some 2 inch think boards seasoning right now should be dry in a few more months. It is pretty easy to dent so it would get beaten up a bit faster than other woods, but you know me, I say bang the hell out of your gear, use it for what it's for and be proud of every scrape.

http://www.engelguitars.com/images/Hap_Guitar.jpg

I have more designs to choose from now, and the prices have come down some too now that I am getting more familiar with the processes and designs.

Things are well here, getting ready for the SEGAS show in Raleigh and the LA amp show.

Keep in touch!

Josh

Nah, I stick with amp stands these days, but I've a huge hunk of figured walnut been eyeing me to be turned into a solid body for a few months now.

This will be the front panel on the next stand I build...

Josh that's just ridiculously cool...Kinda of what Carvin does to there V3 models...Those will look fantastic on some stands.. [thumbup]

Archived