Silenced Fred

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FarnsBarns

I have 2 cats and a dog.

Gally, (Gallileo) big black Tom cat.

Museli, cute black little girl cat.

May/Maybug/Buggerlugs boxer, Mastiff cross. (BIG)

I'll post some pix tomorrow.

Tazzboy the third one down looks pretty much identical to my cat. Which is to say it's a good lookin cat.

Also dang you have a lot of cats dude.

You must be talking about Patiwak. Our long hair rag a muffin'. He is going to 15 this year. His story was started when my folks and I went to Ireland 16 years ago and we saw cat that look like that over and my mother went on a hunt for over until we found him at place called C.A.T.S. in Medford, Oregon (we love in Southern Oregon majority of my life up until 2000.) That's how we found him

Her sister (in the back) Fatty was eaten by one of these:

coyote.jpg

At Grand Teton last year recorded some excellent Coyote rock for our cats. Coyote is their most abundant enemy, and even fully domesticated show bred cats that never been outside like ours pay attention to that sound, usually run downstairs and hide under the keyboards.

rct

Tazzboy what are you one of those old cat ladies they make fun of on tv?

My wife got a cat a few years ago, but if you leave the door open often enough they will finally run away thank god. It came back a few times but finally somebody found it or it got hit by a car or something that kept it from coming home. Thank god I think the whole concept of a cat box in the house is disgusting nasty smelly creatures that can't be trusted.

I have 3. As they go I'm going to have them stuffed and just put them back on the couches. Will never know the difference except not having to change the litter box or putting out food. [biggrin]

I'm allergic.

cat-allergy-solutions.jpg

Big plus one on the allergy thing. I can tell within 5 minutes of being in your house if you have a cat, and if I don't get out in the next five, it's gonna get ugly!! [biggrin]

Just remember this - Dogs have owners; cats have staff! [biggrin]

This is Delilah on a good day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzSAcc3oYnk

You can hear that purr across the room, but I didn't know if it would pick up on the cam. It did.

She purred on my lap for 2 hours.

This is Delilah however on a more typical day:

post-31882-001532900 1306369328_thumb.jpg

post-31882-010697200 1306369329_thumb.jpg

post-31882-005472900 1306369330_thumb.jpg

Climbing the kitchen cabinets, and, eh... always in search of "fresh" water.

She drinks from her own glass on the bathroom counter as drinking out of bowls (other than this one) seems to offend her.

Don't leave your water glass out long at our house :)

She wins the booby prize for "most psycho cat we've ever owned."

Adopted her at age 6-ish from Humane Society where she'd been turned in by her previous family.

She purred and purred and licked our faces and nibbled our chins and we brought her home!

Then her true colors showed up......... She loves my husband more........ and mostly appreciates sitting on you when you are just furniture, or are the highest point in the room.

Pet her on your lap, she'll stand up.

Hold her walking around, she'll purr. Sit down with her, she bolts.

We sort of wonder if previous owners had some "secondhand smoke" going on in their house which addled her poor already kitty-sized brain.

So like I said, that video there is a RARE moment.

LOL

Linda

PS

I suspect long long ago we had a kitty eaten by a coyote too. One day she was just gone, and we did hear them howling in our rural area. Sad.

PPS

We also have my daughter's tuxedo kitty Fandango, who only loves my daughters and complains if anyone else touches her Royal Fur.

PPPS

I love all animals AND dogs but don't have a dog right now, or a cat that loves ME.

Which is hard after having had 14 wonderful years with my favorite cat of all time, Tango. Orange tabby with a swirl.

I would post a photo but it's a new-ish computer and I'm not sure where those photos are (lost him 3+ yrs ago).

I would just get another one and try again :) but we're renting right now.

AND I think I might have a photo of one of Damian's kitties around here somewhere.... Damian, OK to post?

(I'll send him a note.)

Linda

Saw it on MLP, and it appears quite a few guitarists have cats...

Especially classical guitar players.

Where do you think they get cat gut?

Just kidding Fred. Cute kitty.

Guest FarnsBarns

Here's mine...

Gally/Galilleo AKA Big Puss...

Gally.jpg

Muesli AKA Little Puss...

Muesli.jpg

May AKA Buggerlugs (OK, not a cat really)

May.jpg

Archived