Gibson Brands Forums

MIA

Andy R

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys!

Been on vacation the past two weeks so posts have been sporadic. Been taking it easy, listening to a lot of death metal, and killing spiders in a log cabin in Virginia. Been learning to play some tunes, too: Morbid Angel's "The Ancient Ones," "Vengeance is Mine" and "Fall From Grace," Necrophagist's "Stabwound," Death's "Pull the Plug" and "Flesh and the Power it Hold," and Bolt Thrower's "World Eater." When I get back to my dorm room and have some time I'll post up some cover recordings, probably on Youtube or Soundcloud.

As to Neo and Blackie? Miss the latter, didn't notice the former had been gone. I guess that his postings habits were so erratic as it was that I assumed he was on another hiatus. He's been banned, apparently.

Looking at used gear on eBay--trying to get a ProCo RAT and a MXR Distortion II. I'll probably end up with a couple of Boss pedals and a Russian Muff.

xdemon you should send me some recordings when you make them! I sent you a couple clips earlier today. At least I think I did...

Also, big thumbs up to the Russian muff and rat. You're talking about the black Russian muff right? That was my first pedal and I think it's the best first pedal I could ask for. It was like $50 new when I got it and it totally rocked. They had a bunch of other muffs there and I tried them all and liked the Russian the best.

It sucks that since they were discontinued, the used prices have gone way above the original new price. When really it's a pretty cheap pedal a lot of the parts are crappy and the wiring is sketchy but it sounds really cool so who cares. You can always mod them too.

Blackie got banned for life; I think Neo was also banned for life.

Wow what do you have to do to get banned for life?

From a guitar forum yet.

Is there something specific in the rules that will definitely get you banned FOREVER?

Swear allegiance to another brand?

Question where the Epi Chinese custom shop may be located?

Show pictures of another mans guitar?

Use zeros every time you should be spelling with o's?

From a guitar forum yet.

Is there something specific in the rules that will definitely get you banned FOREVER?

Swear allegiance to another brand?

Question where the Epi Chinese custom shop may be located?

Show pictures of another mans guitar?

Use zeros every time you should be spelling with o's?

Neo is only "suspended indefinitely', therefore, he is not banned......

Other than that, it gets interesting....That's all I'll say, or should.........

Cabba was a cool member, dunno where he went....or badbluesplayer.....

Steve got a two day suspension for a vodka related incident lol......I'm still here guys,I've been here for almost two years now. I'm not feeling the love.... [crying]

t1537.gif......t1569.gif.......t15181.gif..................There ya go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [flapper] .......

From a guitar forum yet.

Well... Neo just couldn't follow the rules, and couldn't resist whining when he got spanked. Great guy, just not cut out for a well regulated forum environment.

Blackie acted like he was just this side of sane. He, too, is a great guy, and is just not cut out for a well regulated forum environment.

Others, like Cudamax, just weren't very couth, and didn't really fit in with a corporate forum.

Then there is Homz, who is the adult equivalent of a 4 year old, complete with tantrums. I don't think he fits in anywhere, as he thinks anarchy is entertaining and feels it's his duty to spread it everywhere he goes. (I was able to determine that this doesn't hold true for HIS little corner of reality, though /chuckle)

All of these folks have found that there IS a limit to what you can do here, and that the Mods really mean it when they tell you to behave.

Well... Neo just couldn't follow the rules, and couldn't resist whining when he got spanked. Great guy, just not cut out for a well regulated forum environment.

Blackie acted like he was just this side of sane. He, too, is a great guy, and is just not cut out for a well regulated forum environment.

Others, like Cudamax, just weren't very couth, and didn't really fit in with a corporate forum.

Then there is Homz, who is the adult equivalent of a 4 year old, complete with tantrums. I don't think he fits in anywhere, as he thinks anarchy is entertaining and feels it's his duty to spread it everywhere he goes. (I was able to determine that this doesn't hold true for HIS little corner of reality, though /chuckle)

All of these folks have found that there IS a limit to what you can do here, and that the Mods really mean it when they tell you to behave.

Yeah I know all that Chan.

Just pissin around....... bored I guess.eusa_think.gif

My opinion from outside Modsville is that there likely were different reasons.

The thing is, I think there are problems when profanity or acidic comments or frankly apparent totally unrelated insanity are brought to a forum like this.

I'm personally surprised that some of the words are allowed, and some of the overtly sexual-type references are allowed. Even some of the drug and alcohol comments.

The "politics" thing is kinda unfortunate in ways from my own perspective because I see a lot of very guitar-oriented stuff in politics and culture in general. The difficulty arises when some folks will jump in with both feet on one side or the other without considering the venue we share here.

Actually the guy I wonder about is "Cruisin'." He's a perfect example of someone whose lifestyle I'd not care to share, but who also appeared to live with integrity and compassion for others while absolutely refusing regardless to be a doormat - all virtues I much respect.

I did a quick re-read before posting and realized that I sound like a super-conservative old man when in reality, in ways I'm as much a loose cannon as I've been all my life. But I think that nowadays the rules have changed a bit.

In terms of personal relationships and behavior I'm awfully libertarian; in terms of language, I'm exceptionally conservative.

I just think that reading a book or two, courtesy, integrity, and adjusting rhetoric to one's companions at a given time, all are of value.

m

Archived