Gibson Brands Forums

Clapton Strat tone

Sounds cool. I didn't think Clapton had any tone.(My personal opinion). Play some SRV tone and you will be a god.. Nice playing.

He's talking about his GUITAR tone - a Clapton Strat - - - - - - yikes. :rolleyes:

Cookie -

I'm liking the tone you're getting. Sounds great.

Thats quite alright Dallas every is entitled to an opinion.msp_thumbup.gif

Nice tone man and good playing.

I got the EC Strat since a few years. It still is my favourite and most versatile

guitar. I had to keep only one of my arsenal (LP,PL P-90,Tele,Firebird,Ric 360-12)

this would be the one. Love it into my Blues Jr. and love it even more into my Lonestar Special.

Rock on Cookieman and show them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks as always you guys are very kind. My intention was to demonstrate the guitars tone slightly towards the dirty side since I've done one with the clean setting. I wasn't to concerned about the flubs and didn't feel like a second take.

That was some sweet playing, really enjoyed that. I even was doing the facial expressions with you lol....btw lose the bear, it creeps me out in the video lol

Haha! I didn't even notice the bear. My grandkids have been hangin out with us couple days a week while parents are working.

I will move him immediately.

Fender sigs do a good job....That is a nice Strat, and the electronics do give that Eric tone, well too...

Of course, you make the guitar sing like an angel as well......

I hereby rename that Strat the " Cookieman Sig Strat ".......

Fender sigs do a good job....That is a nice Strat, and the electronics do give that Eric tone, well too...

Of course, you make the guitar sing like an angel as well......

I hereby rename that Strat the " Cookieman Sig Strat ".......

Thanks Damian, I appreciate the praise coming from someone with your chops.

It's just seems at 51 years of age it takes so much longer to warm up the fingers to play as fluidly as I used to.

I've found the past few months that my hand will start to cramp a little and wanna lock up.

Hoping its not the beginning of carpel tunnel.

Guest Farnsbarns Wunterslausche

Ha ha, when I read that post I thought it was a typo of beard. I thought that was uncharacteristicly rude, and besides, its a lovely beard.

Now that I can see my error, and the bear, it creeps me out too. It seems to be casting a drilling stare at the back of your head cookie, watch out, I think it's after you.

Ha ha, when I read that post I thought it was a typo of beard. I thought that was uncharacteristicly rude, and besides, its a lovely beard.

Now that I can see my error, and the bear, it creeps me out too. It seems to be casting a drilling stare at the back of your head cookie, watch out, I think it's after you.

Yeah at first I thought he was ripping my beard. Too funny!

Archived