Gibson Brands Forums

Def Leppard's High 'n' Dry

heymisterk

I always thought this album was a somewhat overlooked, hook-laden guitar masterpiece. Steve Clark was really at the top on this album. Every song was jammed with great hooks and a great tone, thanks to "Mutt" Lange. GREAT album if you haven't checked it out! I used to play this album straight through over and over. Makes me really appreciate Steve Clark (RIP)!

I agree. It's easily my favorite Def Leppard album. In 1982, while I was in college, I played that record all the time. And I still listen to it today.

Very good guitar on that album. [thumbup]

I think Steve Clark is a very underrated guitar player and songwriter. He wrote most of their killer hooks. The style of his solos and the way they are structured - usually a tempo shift - is very distinct.

Agreed and I think he and Pete Willis were the best Guitar combo they had in the band...

You can't knock Phil Collen though. He's an amazing guitarist. He can hold his own with the best.

Agreed. He is underrated. I just like the raw edge Pete and Steve Clark had together and the songs in general.

Archived