Gibson Brands Forums

New 2011 G400 Korina limited

SGgypsyboy

Here is my new 2011 G400 Korina Limited "Custom Shop". It has a 3-piece body and veneer top and back. The grains and colors of the 3 pieces from the side look exactly like my friends Gibson Korina SG. So I believe they are Korina multi piece bodies. It sure rings acoustically!! Haven't plugged in yet - need to put on good strings and adjust the setup a bit. Big nice selection of Mahogany neck , jumbo frets, moderately light weight, nice fretboard, great fit and finish. I will probably get better pickups and a top of the line wiring harness put in professionally. There are more of this NEW RUN from china in the Korina SG, a super cool flat top Les Paul Junior Korina with 2 P90's, and a Korina firebird!! All look real nice.

100_4409.jpg100_4411.jpg100_4417.jpg100_4410.jpg100_4413.jpg100_4414.jpg100_4408.jpg100_4407.jpg[/img]100_4427.jpg

Thanks all! That ebay seller is LAMusic in Canada. He has three more of the Korina SG's now and probably multiple on the Les Paul Junior. He has the Korina Firebird also! He had the guitar from Ontario to Virginia in 2-3 days.

Here is the link for the Korina Firebird. My link

Thanks all! That ebay seller is LAMusic in Canada. He has three more of the Korina SG's now and probably multiple on the Les Paul Junior. He has the Korina Firebird also! He had the guitar from Ontario to Virginia in 2-3 days.

Thanks, and HNGD! Its a beauty!

Its funny how Epiphone releases some of these guitars to Canada with zero fanfare, almost secretive. Is there some kind of secret Canadian Internet I can get on to find out about these guitars? They did the same thing with the Negative Series.

You know, unless that Junior 57' Single P90 has a TWO - PIECE VENEER on each side, IT looks to be a two piece solid Korina with no veneer rarity!!!! :-({|=[woot][thumbup]

I was just thinking the EXACT same thing. Why do a two piece veneer top and back? That is a beauty.

Man, Canada gets some good stuff!

Thanks! Here is a link to a G400 from that special run of White Walnut (Juglans cinera) they had a short while back.. I want that one bad. Usually its Eastern Black Walnut (Juglans nigra). White Walnut is just as hard and dense, and it has that cool light and dark steak thing.

My link

Very, very cool, my friend ... that is a beautiful guitar!

I have a question: my Epiphone Korina V is amazingly light. I was wodering if you find your SG to be the same way as compared to a standard G400 ... and, if so, what is the neck balance like? More neck heavyness or did the two balance themselves out somehow?

I picked up one of those Walnut Ltd Ed's just a week or so ago ... great guitar as well. Mine doesn't look near as "stripey" as the one in that Ebay listing although it does have a nice verticle grain to it:

G400Walnut03.jpg

Jim

thanks all! Wow that's a sweet looking Walnut series [thumbup] . The Korina SG seems lighter than the regular G400. In spite of that it seems to have a really loud mid range RING to it! Baseball bat neck , a little neck heavy for sure. Still very nice though.

Archived