Gibson Brands Forums

It smells a little funny in Canada...

WahKeen

Never been there, huh?

The faces face to the West, and it's about as close to Canada as is Portland, Or.

I did laugh at the picture, though.

You're saying it isn't real? Party pooper... <_<

You're saying it isn't real? Party pooper... <_<

I think its real, I saw one of those "Thanks for visiting" signs on the US side of the border it had the faces side,

once I passed it I looked at the back of the sign and there were their legs [flapper]

Given that I live less than 90 minutes from the place, and that you can see the summer lights illuminating the faces from his deck... It's cute, but don't worry folks, it ain't real.

<chuckle>

I'll never forget some of my first views of the place, and we're talking roughly 60 years ago before they had an imitation Stonehenge for a visitor center. It is quite a sight. It's also a sight I've seen used on South Korean television ads, so I'd say it's something of a world icon.

BTW, some folks might be surprised at how many Canadian tourists head for the place, too.

m

Mount Rushmore, Canadian side [biggrin]

247430_119413964809613_101841893233487_163223_4413345_n.jpg

To my fellow Gibsonites in Canada, it's just a joke.. U know it's funny [flapper] (Whoa! Maybe that wasn't the right emoticon, hehee)

Canada has a much better health care system.

It is time for the colonoscopies.

lol

Funny, I thought the smell was coming from the Canadian Parlament. I think the fact Stephen Harper got re-elected stinks.

Gotta say, that's a nice pic and if there truly was a Canadian side to the place, that would certainly explain the stench up here too. [lol]

Guest Farnsbarns Wunterslausche

Given that I live less than 90 minutes from the place, and that you can see the summer lights illuminating the faces from his deck... It's cute, but don't worry folks, it ain't real.

<chuckle>

I'll never forget some of my first views of the place, and we're talking roughly 60 years ago before they had an imitation Stonehenge for a visitor center. It is quite a sight. It's also a sight I've seen used on South Korean television ads, so I'd say it's something of a world icon.

BTW, some folks might be surprised at how many Canadian tourists head for the place, too.

m

Hey, M, have you ever been to the Little Big Horn carving that I believe is near by. That I want to see!

milod, i visited Rushmore on my way back to Toronto from Seattle. We stayed in Rapid City, SD and in the morning, headed off for Mt Rushmore. It was a sight to behold...very cool stuff.

Hey, M, have you ever been to the Little Big Horn carving that I believe is near by. That I want to see!

You mean Crazy Horse? He's nearby. I have a picture on my desk of him from 2003, need to get back out there for another.

rct

Guest Farnsbarns Wunterslausche

You mean Crazy Horse? He's nearby. I have a picture on my desk of him from 2003, need to get back out there for another.

rct

Yes, you're right, I do mean Crazy Horse. I saw a tv documentary about the guy who's doing it, I seem to remember he took over from his father. How's it looking now?

Yes, his father carved Mt Rushmore, just up the street a ways.

Here's a recent picture. Mine is similar, the face has changed the most in the last 8 years. Mine sits in a frame on a rock from the carving.

crazyhorse01.jpg

rct

So, the U.S. is a Head, and Canada is Behind......Hmmm...:-k :-k :-k ...

I trust the Canadian side isn't called, MOUNT RUSHMORE...just sayin'.....[razz] ..

That would be MOUNT TUSHMORE

Never been there, huh?

The faces face to the West, and it's about as close to Canada as is Portland, Or.

I did laugh at the picture, though.

You're not supposed to analyze jokes. [-X[sneaky]

Archived