Gibson Brands Forums

Found it.

dem00n

I clicked on the Soulside Journey link in the above post and thought it was a bad link, all I heard was static. I turned it up a little more and realized that was the song [flapper]

Xdemonknight - Your right - That screaming garbled singing stuff is definitely and acquired taste and thankfully one I haven't ever acquired. I'd rather listen to polka's than that.

A great players guitar for sure; but adding all those extra knobs, pickups and switches must have hurt this guitar's resale value.

However if Gibson ever issued a guitar like this, I'm sure that there would be just as many people lining up to buy it as there are people who would find it offensive.

Personally, I think I would have done this with a Studio instead of a Standard or comissioned it from the Gibson Custom Shop if I had the money and they were willing to buid it.

Personally, I think I would have done this with a Studio instead of a Standard or comissioned it from the Gibson Custom Shop if I had the money and they were willing to buid it.

Looks like a Custom Custom to me, I would have changed the pickups positions HB @ the bridge, then the SC, then the MINI, then the P90 @ the neck and then used mini switches, but maybe they haven been invented yet when they did the mod or use push/pulls as pickup switches/vol knobs and change out the 3 way for a master tome knob.

251212_2075757503636_1535932549_2247858_5954177_n.jpg

Gotta love MLP.

Man.... REALLY? The magnetic field under those strings must be unreal! I'm surprised that the strings aren't just stuck to the fretboard. Phasing issues and buzz/hum anyone? Keeeeripes!

Looks kinda photoshopped...

Ugh I wish I could tell you it was, but you can see the reflection in the body of the guitar of what was behind the camera person, and you an also see the individual string shadows on each of the pickups. Why would anyone do this to there guitar it looks so horrid and probably sounds just as bad.

Archived