Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD!!

Today I had the second half of my Irish final exam before college, came home around 11.30am,I saw the postman arrive outside with my two boxes from Thomann!

I jumped, almost fell...opened the door before he could get to it...It was here!!

My Epiphone Limited Edition Riviera, I have been dying to get it since I ordered it almost a week ago.. It was here, I wasted no time unpacking as you can imagine, it was like being a young child again at Christmas...

I dont have any pictures of before opening it, but here are a few I just took.. It is a beautiful looking guitar, at least to my eye!

I got the guitar, case and a strap in a bundle deal for €413, from the German megastore. The guitar itself was €390 so I think it was quite a bargain. They dont have them any more however, I believe Doc Loco and myself were two of the very lucky people who got the last few :D

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

Then my new baby had to take her place in my line up of Epi's....

IMG_0253.jpg

'My new Riviera, My Epi EJ-200CE and my Epi Les Paul Custom'

The Riviera plays like a dream on the clean channel, I adore the mini humbuckers! They just seem clearer than the standard humbuckers in my Epi Les Paul Custom. I haven't really been able to give it a go on the lead channel yet, but hopefully later on!

I'm over the moon with my Riviera! Hope everybody likes the pictures! :D

Thanks, Travis.

Today I had the second half of my Irish final exam before college, came home around 11.30am,I saw the postman arrive outside with my two boxes from Thomann!

I jumped, almost fell...opened the door before he could get to it...It was here!!

I'm over the moon with my Riviera! Hope everybody likes the pictures! :D

Travis,

You have accomplished more in one day than I do in a month.

Congrats on a beautiful new guitar!!!

Willy

Congrats, Travis - you'll enjoy her, for sure. The minihumbuckers have a truly unique character, as you already know by now.

Mine developed a little rattle that turned out to be the top nuts on the Frequensator tailpiece - and looking at the angle of the treble side of your Frequensator, I think you might be facing the same issue. Couple of turns with a spanner and you're all set.

HNGD!

Best,

Dougg330

Congrats!!! I've always wanted a Sunburst Riviera w/ minis but haven't seen one in my price range in a long time. I wonder how different the one with minis is from the full sized humbuckers.

I cant say I've played a Riviera with full sized humbuckers...but the minis sound awesome :D

And thank you btw :D

Travis

Congrats, Travis - you'll enjoy her, for sure. The minihumbuckers have a truly unique character, as you already know by now.

Mine developed a little rattle that turned out to be the top nuts on the Frequensator tailpiece - and looking at the angle of the treble side of your Frequensator, I think you might be facing the same issue. Couple of turns with a spanner and you're all set.

HNGD!

Best,

Dougg330

Thanks for the heads up man! :D Havent even had the chance to change the strings that came with it yet, I'm doing exams at the moment. But when I get a chance to set it up and change the strings I'll pay special attention to the tailpiece!

I appreciate it!

Thanks man!

Travis

Wow, Treva ... BEAUTY! I love the sound of mini-humbuckers ... this girl must really sing.

Congrats!

Jim

Oh they really play well! Love them!

Thanks

Travis

Beautiful Guitar. Epi hollowbodies are the bomb.[thumbup] Congrats on a great aquisition!

Oh I really really like it! Its my first and dare I say, of many :D

Thanks man :D

Travis

That's gorgeous. Congratulations.

Nice EJ and LP too.

Thanks man! They all play like a dream! :D

Travis

Congrats, I know how you feel [thumbup] . I agree with Dougg333 though, check your frequensator treble side. And use fresh strings instead of the stock ones.

Cheers man! Theyre beauties arent they? :D

Oh Ive new strings bought to be put on, hopefully at the weekend I'll be able to re string it and set it up :D

Archived