Gibson Brands Forums

Summer plans?

DAS44

Got any? Especially guitar related ones :P

I'm seeing Black Country Communion tonight, and I'll be going to NYC sometime later this month. The big plan of the summer, I'm going to Haiti to build houses n such.

I just bought $99 tickets for a concert series here in Toronto....some of the bands included:

Motley Crue

Def Leppard

Bachman and Turner

Steely Dan

Jimmy Buffett

Peter Frampton

Journey

Blue Rodeo

The wife and I are gonna enjoy some good live music this summer!

I just bought $99 tickets for a concert series here in Toronto....some of the bands included:

Motley Crue

Def Leppard

Bachman and Turner

Steely Dan

Jimmy Buffett

Peter Frampton

Journey

Blue Rodeo

The wife and I are gonna enjoy some good live music this summer!

Wow. great price.

I was told that just for the Frampton concert in Ottawa I would be looking at at least 100 per ticket.

No concerts this summer for me unfortunately. Summer school and work are definitely set plans.

Going to the coast next weekend for my birthday/father's day. Should be a lot of skiing, fishing, BBQing, drinking, and eating all in one weekend. I'm excited for that.

Oh, and I want to go Skydiving for my birthday as well. I'll be turning the big 20.

No concerts this summer for me unfortunately. Summer school and work are definitely set plans.

Going to the coast next weekend for my birthday/father's day. Should be a lot of skiing, fishing, BBQing, drinking, and eating all in one weekend. I'm excited for that.

Oh, and I want to go Skydiving for my birthday as well. I'll be turning the big 20.

All sounds great except jumping out of a perfectly good plane.

Seeing Sleep/Winter/White Hills next week, and then Vital Remains/Hate Eternal/Origin the week after. After that? I dunno, I might go check out Mayhem when it gets to Darien Center in NY (although I'll have to go out of the city for it.) If Testament and Dethklok were playing that date, I'd have more incentive to go, but right now the only bands that really appeal to me for this year's lineup are Megadeth, Machine Head and In Flames, and...I dunno, Trivium, I guess, if I want to hear mediocre nth-wave thrash metal...

I really don't want to sit through Godsmack (bad nu metal) or Disturbed (really bad nu metal,) but I may go to the festival just to be there...

As far as other plans? I'm going to:

-Learn to play the songs from Carcass' Heartwork and Entombed's Wolverine Blues.

-Submit a short story to Playboy and/or The New Yorker (keep your fingers crossed, guys!!!)

-Go shopping for a new distortion pedal

-Write (and maybe record) new songs for my industrial metal project

That's really it for now.

going on vacation in july the catch is i am going to miss mayhem festival and rob zombie/slayer

I don't know of either of these guys are playing Mayhem this year. They are playing Hartford and the headliner is Megadeath, and no Slayer, so I'm skipping it this year.

I'm doing some work on one of our restaurant's wine list this summer, so I will be drinking loads of wine, I guess. Hey, Its a tough job, but somebody has to do it.

I'll be in Boston from the 27th of June till the 5th of July... I'll be in Boston for 4TH OF JULY!!!! Doing some other traveling too, will be back in Spain July 15. My side trips are to Mexico and San Antonio Texas...

So Dave, you bringing that wonderful Les Paul of yours? :P

No, but if you're still interested in one of my Blueshawks.... [cool]

If you'll spot me the price... :P

I swear once day I'll take one of those off your hands! Up after I get my Blues Junior :P

Archived