Gibson Brands Forums

Any other Two and A Half Men Fans?

Duende

The controversy about Charlie Sheen leaving the show early in the year made me switch over to Comedy Central to see what the fuss was all about. I didn't hold my hopes out for anything even slightly funny; with all due respect to those here from the States, I am never usually a fan of the American 'sit com' humour.

Anyway I am insanely hooked, I have seasons 1-4 on DVD already and have watched countless other episodes on youtube and comedy central! The chemistry with all the actors in the show, the razor sharp script, comic timing etc make it a very special and hilarious show! I see what the fuss is about!!!!!!![thumbup] I dedicate this to my amigos...probably one of the best episodes so far (that and Alan sleeping with the elderly neighbour)

Charlie Harper rules [flapper]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C486j9sWCSo&feature=related

I watched it from the very first episode but after the first 3 seasons I felt the writers got lazy and it was just the same jokes over and over.

The kid was the best but now he's grown up and just kinda....... well not funny anymore.

Every TV sitcom runs out of gas eventually. Seinfeld, All in the Family, Cheers all of them jumped the shark at some point.

4 years is plenty.

No but WE LOVE "The Big Bang Theory" ................. completely hysterical.............. it is about the only sitcom I will sit through. Laugh my head off.

Being a Brit there, Matthew, you may love it even more. Same producers BTW as Two & 1/2 Men.

Oh! A Charlie Sheen joke seems appropos here:

Q: How much cocaine did Ch Sheen take?

A: Enough to kill Two & a half Men...........

L

We also discovered ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT on Netflix long after its cancellation and WOW that was some great, completely politically not correct writing, insane funny.

Try that too :)

Produced by Ron Howard. Great cast. Only lasted 3-4? seasons. LOVED. IT.

No but WE LOVE "The Big Bang Theory" ................. completely hysterical.............. it is about the only sitcom I will sit through. Laugh my head off.

Being a Brit there, Matthew, you may love it even more. Same producers BTW as Two & 1/2 Men.

cheers Layla,

I was reading the list of hit 'sit coms' written by Chuck Lore and his partner and he is quite a modern day phenomenon!

Re the real life Charlie; In an age stars usually try and cover things up with 'gagging' orders through the courts etc, it is strangely refreshing having someone who is so blatant about his hedonistic lifestyle.

By the way, I think there are lots of 'Alans' in the lounge :)

Matt

I will never watch anything with a laugh track or canned audience...

( This rules out a live dem00n show )......

I do not watch comedies........That's what Stevo Vodka Buttercup threads are for.....

I believe in reality.....NO VIDEO GAMES......or other bullsh*t crap..........

I believe in wine ( real ), women ( real ), and song ( real )..........

(singing)....meeeeeennn

:)

My wife does a great 'meeeeeen' impression. It is very funny! The 'meeeeeeen' bugged the hell out of me at first, but the comedy is so good and my ears are forgiving :) so I over look it LOL!

Archived