Gibson Brands Forums

Lesson learned

Silenced Fred

I roasted a bushel of New Mexico Hatch peppers last fall, even with washing my hands I took a leak and my world exploded. I'll be using gloves this fall on the next case.

While I hope I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, why do I get the feeling you began singing the Zappa tune "Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?"

no matter how many times you wash your hands, jalapeno juice will stay on them and will go into any open pore on your body

just sayin [crying]

But, it's the only thing that cleans after reading a STEVE thread.....just sayin'....

Soak your hands in vinegar - the acid in the vinegar will neutralize the caustic effects of the pepper juice - Bear in mind you have a chemical burn so some slight damage and pain might remain awhile - Been there...done that - didn't care too much for the experience. It will pass -

Best O' luck Lad....

B

Soak your hands in vinegar - the acid in the vinegar will neutralize the caustic effects of the pepper juice - Bear in mind you have a chemical burn so some slight damage and pain might remain awhile - Been there...done that - didn't care too much for the experience. It will pass -

Best O' luck Lad....

B

I'll do that next time. Its all better now, but yesterday was horrid

Happened to me once. Spilled hot pepper flakes on the counter and my wife asked me to gather the flakes and put them back in the bottle. Then I went to a car dealership with my brothers to look at new models. I used their bathroom. Needless to say, I was in there a long time dousing the flaming hot sausage in the sink. Brutal. My brothers never let me live that one down.

Possibly due in part to a slight bit of allergy, my eyes at times will just start itching like crazy. This seems to happen a lot when I'm eating and that often means I may have picked up and popped into my mouth something like a jalapeno or some other spicy thing. Scrubbing your hands while your eye is itching like mad is a manic situation. Only one time did I not. It was a lesson well learned.

I roasted a bushel of New Mexico Hatch peppers last fall, even with washing my hands I took a leak and my world exploded. I'll be using gloves this fall on the next case.

I'm sure they guy in the next stanchion will give you a weird glance :unsure: when you glove up. >snap< [flapper]

Stainless steel works great for onions, not sure about hot sauce.

I'm sure they guy in the next stall will give you a weird glance :unsure: when you glove up. >snap< [flapper]

Stainless steel works great for onions, not sure about hot sauce.

I think he's going to cut the peppers with gloves on and take them off to go to the bathroom.

Archived