Gibson Brands Forums

NGD: New Blues Jr NOS

bluesguitar65

Just got a new amp, Fender Blues Jr NOS. This is my new current blues setup. I got the amp new and shipped for $491 from MF. This is probably my last major purchase from MF. I got this amp right the day before MF started charing sales tax to CA. On the average, I spend about $2000 a year with MF, but it looks like I'll take my business elsewhere. All the items in the pic where purchased from MF.

New setup

Sounds great, but why didn't the Blues Jr did not get the Hot Rod III update like the regular blues jr models?

1050484.jpg

1050486.jpg

1050485.jpg

1050487.jpg

Old Setup:

With Fender Pro Jr with Jensen P10R speaker.

1050463.jpg

1050450.jpg

Nice.

Here's my "Blues Jr."—really it is.

It's just set up with a 10 and a 12 plus it's in a larger cabinet.

Called the Two-Tone. Same amp as the BJ. Really sounds great.

101_0052.jpg

101_0049.jpg

Nice setup there and a fellow tele lover. Nice! Love that 60th anniversary ash tele.

Congrats!! Such a great sounding amp. For a 15 watt, it sure gets loud!

I too just got the Blues Junior NOS. I love it, however I'm having problems with the reverb. The first one MF sent to me had a broken RCA cable, I could of fixed it myself, but I'm a bit fussy. They shipped me out another and the reverb was **** up this one too. I seen that the wires in the reverb tank were disconnected. After reattaching them, I got reverb, but I can't control the levels, so it appears I have a bad pot. I'm just going to keep this one and take it to the shop for warranty work. I should of kept the first one.

Enjoy your new amp.

It wouldn't be NOS then would it.

Yea, but the blues jr is a recent amp model( it came out in the 90s and after the Pro jr was introduced), its not like it was a vintage reissue like the deluxe reverb, twin or vibrolux that I can understand the "NOS" part of it. The "NOS" for the blues jr, to me just implies a vintage look, the tweed covering and I'm sure Fender has a Hot Rod III blues jr NOS in the works.

Yes, most Fender Amps now are made in Mexico since the mid 90s, but they sound great just the same. Whats the difference if they were made in the USA by Mexicans or made in Mexico by Mexicans? [flapper]

Difference is...

US Mexican costs $6/hr to employ (is $6/hr min wage in the US?)

Mexico Mexican costs $6 and a bag of oranges per DAY to employ

When I read the back of my Marshall Haze and it said "Made in India" I was a little worried (not racist or anything) but I was kinda like hmmmmmm do they know how to make a good British amp, sure enough they do. I have never played one myself but a lot of the guys over on the Marshall Forum compare this Haze to the old Plexi's for there gain, and believe it or not they claim its got possibly the best cleans for a Marshall. I replaced my V1 tube that was on its way out and well like I said I cant comment on the Plexi but man my gain knob at noon is more then enough.

Difference is...

US Mexican costs $6/hr to employ (is $6/hr min wage in the US?)

Mexico Mexican costs $6 and a bag of oranges per DAY to employ

When I read the back of my Marshall Haze and it said "Made in India" I was a little worried (not racist or anything) but I was kinda like hmmmmmm do they know how to make a good British amp, sure enough they do. I have never played one myself but a lot of the guys over on the Marshall Forum compare this Haze to the old Plexi's for there gain, and believe it or not they claim its got possibly the best cleans for a Marshall. I replaced my V1 tube that was on its way out and well like I said I cant comment on the Plexi but man my gain knob at noon is more then enough.

Ok, so we got the economics understood and explains why Fender and many American companies move labor production outside the USA, but are there really any difference in workmanship between Fender Amps made in Mexico by Mexicans vs. made in the USA by Mexicans? I'm pretty sure Amercian Fender CEO travel to Mexico to over see quality control much easier than traveling to China, India or any other far distant country than Mexico. Corona, CA is very not far from the Mexican Fender Factory. [flapper]

Only the very high end and certain limited production amps are made in the USA......hence costing more to pay for American Labor. [flapper]

My Two-Tone was made in America.

Come to think of it so was my Fender "The '57 Deluxe.

The GA-5 was also made in America.

I'd rock a Mexican made Fender Amp anytime though.

Nice Amps those Blues Jr.s.

Archived