Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite Les Paul

guitarmanjt

I am voting the P-90 one be it vintage or one of the studios I have been gawking over. I associate the Les Paul with classic british rock and well these bad boys just scream perfectly for it. Heck I would take any Les Paul tho regardless or brand or style they are such a simple yet elegant shape.

My favorite Les Paul is the one I dont have yet!

I know this is gonna get me flack, but where's the "I really don't care for les pauls option"?

My buddy didnt even know what a Les Paul was till I showed him, he told me when he thinks of guitars (he doesnt play) stratocasters were the first thing to pop into his mind, not even the good Fender!! (I joke) I am personally a pretty huge diehard Explorer fan, I really enjoy the body shape of them.

I don't like Les Pauls or strats, I guess this makes me the anti-christ of the guitar world. Hell I love love every other Gibson, hollow-bodies, Semi-hollow Bodies, Sgs, Vs, Explorers, etc. there's just no magic between me and a paul.

you may think I may have only played duds, but believe I've tried plenty of Les Pauls in numerous stores and there's just no magic. Same with strats.

Sometimes I think there's just too many Les Paul models out there. I know it used to be Standard or Custom. Obviously there would be more today, because of technological advances and the desire to capture classic tones. I think with all the Les Paul models out there, there should just be "Build Your Own Les Paul."

Sometimes I think there's just too many Les Paul models out there. I know it used to be Standard or Custom. Obviously there would be more today, because of technological advances and the desire to capture classic tones. I think with all the Les Paul models out there, there should just be "Build Your Own Les Paul."

they have that, it's called the custom shop. msp_flapper.gif

I don't like Les Pauls or strats, I guess this makes me the anti-christ of the guitar world. Hell I love love every other Gibson, hollow-bodies, Semi-hollow Bodies, Sgs, Vs, Explorers, etc. there's just no magic between me and a paul.

you may think I may have only played duds, but believe I've tried plenty of Les Pauls in numerous stores and there's just no magic. Same with strats.

Nah you still play a guitar so you cant be the guitar anti-christ. For the longest time I had no love for any Fender; however the more I enjoy listening to blues the more I appreciate a Tele. My first guitar was a made in mexico strat and I never liked it, still dont like strats, its not the sound or the looks but much like yourself every time I pick one up and fiddle on it, it just doesnt reach out and slap me upside the head or anything, the magic just isnt there, kinda like a crappy girlfriend.

Guest farnsbarns

0 5449

I agree with Pippy sorta![thumbup]

0 0289

You're both wrong, of course, you do know that?

Guest farnsbarns

Why no option for a '59 re-issue ????? That would be my choice..........

Yup, a 59/60 (gotta try out all those necks) or a 56 but since I have a 56 a 59 is next. Better still a genuine vintage 59, a good one!

Archived