Gibson Brands Forums

Meet Ren Ferguson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

modoc_333

sure, it's a little bit of a plug... but i know some of you guys aren't that far away and would love to come.

as many of you know, I work for a Gibson Montana 5-Star dealer (Bailey Brothers Music) in Birmingham, AL. On Saturday, July 30th we will be hosting an event with Ren Ferguson and several other guys from Gibson. Ren will be bringing some special limited run guitars, and we will be unveiling some special Luthier's Choice guitars made by him for us. There will be giveaways, discounts, tons of information and an all around good time. If you have any way of being in Birmingham on that day then stop by! Ren is hard to get out of Montana so this should be something special! Come by to get an autograph, a picture, and a little face time with Ren. For anyone interested, the address is:

4673 Hwy 280 East

Birmingham, AL 35242

We open on Saturday at 10am and close at 6pm. The event should be all day but get there early to see all of the guitars!

if anyone has any questions about anything at all, please feel free to email me (i will get the message quicker than if you PM on the board). my email is keith.edwards@baileybrothers.com come see Ren, me meet (the real attraction...LOL) and have a great time! Let me know if you are coming. I will give an extra discount to any member of the forums!

Man oh man, that is a great event. How did you guys get that together?

We became a 5-star acoustic dealer for them earlier this year. Myself and one other guy got to go spend a week up in Bozeman with those guys. They always do events for 5-Star dealers, but you can't always get Ren. We just begged and pleaded in person to make sure we could ;)

We became a 5-star acoustic dealer for them earlier this year. Myself and one other guy got to go spend a week up in Bozeman with those guys. They always do events for 5-Star dealers, but you can't always get Ren. We just begged and pleaded in person to make sure we could ;)

A Bozeman trip too - fantastic. Well I gotta hand to you - that's a really big deal in my book.

However you got it done -- - NICE JOB! [thumbup]

well i have had a couple of guys that saw this post and said they would be coming... with a couple of them making a drive to do it. thanks guys! i look forward to it. i am sure Ren will not disappoint!

I'll be there! With my J-45 in the shop to remedy a few loose braces, I start getting the itch. I think a few Luthier's Choice guitars might help.

well i have had a couple of guys that saw this post and said they would be coming... with a couple of them making a drive to do it. thanks guys! i look forward to it. i am sure Ren will not disappoint!

Modoc, can you ID the guitar in your avitar?

I wanted to thank the guys that made the trip and came out to see us! One of you even got a new guitar (i will let you post your own thread ;) )

Everyone had a great time! Ren was gracious enough to give a very long talk and answer all questions. then he just hung around all day answering questions and hanging out. He really does love mingling and hanging out with the fans. here is a great shot of Ren doing just that.... sitting around, jamming in a circle with good people on a Luthier's Choice J35 that he build for us! :)

2011-07-30_17-19-24_100.jpg

I wanted to thank the guys that made the trip and came out to see us! One of you even got a new guitar (i will let you post your own thread ;) )

Everyone had a great time! Ren was gracious enough to give a very long talk and answer all questions. then he just hung around all day answering questions and hanging out. He really does love mingling and hanging out with the fans. here is a great shot of Ren doing just that.... sitting around, jamming in a circle with good people on a Luthier's Choice J35 that he build for us! :)

2011-07-30_17-19-24_100.jpg

I have to say He Is Aging quite graciously . :) And I'm glad , I read he has some arthritis in a hand .

but I'm glad he is still looking quite nice for a man in his 60's :) . God Bless his soul

I wanted to thank the guys that made the trip .... Everyone had a great time! [Ren] ...just hung around all day answering questions and hanging out. He really does love mingling and hanging out with the fans. .....

Wish I could've been there.

Thanks for posting the pic. . B)

Archived