Gibson Brands Forums

NPD!

Andy R

Should be here in a a couple days!

Eventide_Pitchfactor.jpg

GREAT pedal Andy...All of Eventide's stuff is top notch, and is unbelievably popular with pros...( I see em on more pedalboards more and more everyday)...Please give us your review if you get a chance? And speaking of pedals, you have any other stomps you haven't told us about? [thumbup]

Yes please do post a review/demo of this beast, I have had my eye on a EHX POG after seeing Andy from PGS do a demo on it I was kinda hooked, interested in the full potential of these octave generators.

GREAT pedal Andy...All of Eventide's stuff is top notch, and is unbelievably popular with pros...( I see em on more pedalboards more and more everyday)...Please give us your review if you get a chance? And speaking of pedals, you have any other stomps you haven't told us about? [thumbup]

Probably way to complicated for me but I wanted to give it a try. Uh... I might also have 1 or 2 other pedals and effects.....:unsure:

17e2f599.jpg

1ccf1ea4.jpg

maybe just a couple more here and there [biggrin]

Probably way to complicated for me but I wanted to give it a try. Uh... I might also have 1 or 2 other pedals and effects.....:unsure:

17e2f599.jpg

1ccf1ea4.jpg

maybe just a couple more here and there [biggrin]

Oooooooh you love of effects makes me love you even more *worship* lol

And is that an old tape delay unit I spy in the upper right corner?

Oooooooh you love of effects makes me love you even more *worship* lol

And is that an old tape delay unit I spy in the upper right corner?

Yep that would be an echoplex. I usually use the Chandler SDE-2 Delay that you can barely see in the bottom of my rack. If you have never heard one they are awesome! Eric Johnson, Satch and a few others use them. I am thinking about converting it to a stompbox.

Andy

D-Zammmm! Is that the tube version too?

no, it is the last model they made though, and it isn't mine, it's actually my guitar teacher's we're selling on the bay for him.

Which reminds me Rockfield pickups had a sale so I got four pickups for about $100, they each came in flight cases which collectively sold for $30 on the bay

so $70 for four quality pickups!

P1050272.jpg

sorry for the derail, you've got a great collection of effects.

Duuuude. I didn't know you have an Echoplex. That's some fat mojo.

Apparently the solid state Echoplex is actually the more saught after one.

You have some sweet effects. Particularly the Echoplex and crazy looking Deja Vibe. How's that Alesis Quadraverb?

Sweeeeeeet ! [thumbup][biggrin]

I also forgot to mention, congrats on the eventide gear... that shits pricey any place I'd seen them but considering how many people used their rack effects in the days when carrying a rack was cool, I bet the pedal is amazing too!

Duuuude. I didn't know you have an Echoplex. That's some fat mojo.

Apparently the solid state Echoplex is actually the more saught after one.

You have some sweet effects. Particularly the Echoplex and crazy looking Deja Vibe. How's that Alesis Quadraverb?

Hey Thanks... The echoplex is cool but I don't use it much. Like I said the chandler is great. The Furman PQ3 is an awesome EQ and used by a bunch of guys for a really cool gain boost ( Dimebag, Warren D'Martini) . I have had a qudraverb since they came out. It's OK ... I want to get a nice lexicon one of these days...

The Chandler must be pretty spectacular..

Have you checked out the Neunaber WET Reverb?

I'd be afraid if I got a polyphonic pitch shifter I'd just constantly rip off Jack White. I have a Boss PS-3 that doesn't track worth **** but sounds pretty cool. It doesn't do that polyphonic Jack White sound.

Whoa Andy. Your whole fx arsenal ( ALL of em', not your board' ) is like half Eddie Van Halen!! Echoplex, EVH Phase 90, Vintage MXR M-117 Flanger, GE-10 eq, MXR Six Band Eq, MAN!! And the Eventide is super cool. Great find! Kimbabig, your last-generation tube echoplex is the same version used by Randy Rhoads, I think. Im sure it was one. Either that or a Roland Space Echo.

Whoa Andy. Your whole fx arsenal ( ALL of em', not your board' ) is like half Eddie Van Halen!! Echoplex, EVH Phase 90, Vintage MXR M-117 Flanger, GE-10 eq, MXR Six Band Eq, MAN!! And the Eventide is super cool. Great find! Kimbabig, your last-generation tube echoplex is the same version used by Randy Rhoads, I think. Im sure it was one. Either that or a Roland Space Echo.

hmmm purely a coincidence..... :^o There will eventually be a vintage script phase 90 in there on of these days..... [biggrin] He might have a PDI -03 too [unsure]

Cool gear! I've been wanting to get a Talk Box forever. How's the Banshee sound?

It's cool. I like it better than the old style Heil talk box I used to have. The built in amp makes it nice....

hmmm purely a coincidence..... :^o There will eventually be a vintage script phase 90 in there on of these days..... [biggrin] He might have a PDI -03 too [unsure]

Nothin' screams EVH like a vintage Phase 90! I like your pedalboard setup. The Pitchfactor, the flanger, Phase 90, Eq, and Banshe are NOT my thing ( not that I think that they suck, its just they don't suit me---like high gain amps or poodles...I prefer JMPs and Labs ( I like ALL dogs man!! ). With me I have a 5-pedal limit ( less complicated, less tap dancing, and less tone suck ). The signal chain I use is me-my fingers-sg-crybaby-tuner-chorus ( I like chorus cause' it doesn't take over like a phaser or flanger, it just adds a little color and soul, almost like a Uni-Vibe wo. the phasey-ness )-dirt box #1 ( to boost my AC/DC-ish crunch into EVH/Jerry Cantrell territory and/or boost the gain for single coils usually a Barber Direct Drive--similar to an OCD or BB Preamp )-dirt box #2 ( a Ts-style stomp to boost leads and..well..DO WHAT A GOOD TUBE SCREAMER DOES!!! I prefer the Maxon OD-9 )-amp-drunken audience:lol: :lol:. I prefer that set up cause' it works for me! But in reality, no pedal or effect is more over the top, toneful, or cool sounding than your own damn hands! They're even more expressive than the wah wah!!!!!

Archived