Gibson Brands Forums

Say What You Want......

Rocky4

...but their first three albums were great. (currently going through Kiss phase) ....if I could only figure out them strange chords from Hotter Than Hell msp_unsure.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhXXqievapU&feature=related

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE Me Some old Kiss!!!!! We're playing watching you in the band I'm in! [thumbup][thumbup][thumbup]

In 1976 I was 14 years old and discovered KISS. They are THE band that made me want to play rock and roll. Through Jr. High and High School I could not get enough of them. I became pretty much disinterested with them after Ace left.

I still pull out the old albums and listen to them every once and a while.

Yes the first 3 albums are great. But so are Rock and Roll Over, KISS Alive, Destroyer, KISS Alive II, and Love Gun. I like Gene's solo album a lot too.

A lot of folks never could get past the makeup. I myself thought they were "stupid" and would not even listen to their music. I just happened to be over at someones house who loved them and played some for me. I looked at him and said, "this is KISS?".

I went out and bought "KISS The Originals" (the first 3 albums in 1 package) the very next day.

The first album I heard was Destroyer. They toured here at the end of '80 after Dynasty was released (my last year of high school) and tickets were $14 Australian. A bunch of us went and had a great time - they put on a really good show. I still like playing their old stuff every once in a while too [thumbup]

They really were a great band. None of their early records sold well until Alive came out. I don't like everything they did but there's enough killer stuff from them to make me a fan.

Just listen to this bass...

they cranked out some music back then, huh? from '73 to '78, 6 studio albums, two live albums, the 4 "solo" albums and the first compilation album (Double Platinum).

IMO, everything you need to know about KISS is on those first 6 (!) studio records. "Rock and Roll Over" is awesome, listening to it right now.

Don

Archived