Gibson Brands Forums

Vintage Guitar Magazine Cover October 2011

brianh

By the way, the ES-175 is featured in this month's Vintage Guitar magazine (Oct 2011, Vol. 25 No. 11). It was reviewed very favorably.

They wrote: "There are plenty of affordable hollowbodies on the market, but Epiphone's...is almost a slam dunk."

They wrote that "versatility is not a problem for this Epiphone," citing both its "sumptuously warm, and wood tone," and its "fat, commanding rock tones."

While they did note a sloppy glue joint on the cutaway binding, they also praised the "stunning" finish.

They concluded the review with, "The ES-175 Reissue is a classy, stylish guitar that says 'vintage jazzbox' on the outside, but with its fast neck and punchy pickups, rock players will dig it, too."

Red 333

insulinboy wrote:

Yes, she did guitar and backing vocals and her sister did bass and lead vocals..

Um, no. Lead singer Ann Wilson was never Heart's bass player. There were several bass players on tour and on the recordings, but Ann was not one of them. With a voice like hers, she don't NEED to play nothin'!

• 3 weeks later...

insulinboy wrote:

Um, no. Lead singer Ann Wilson was never Heart's bass player. There were several bass players on tour and on the recordings, but Ann was not one of them. With a voice like hers, she don't NEED to play nothin'!

[thumbup] Agreed, she does have the most amazing voice in the world but actually, Ann plays many instruments proficiently and is an accomplished bass player and played bass on songs on Hearts Bebe Le Strange and Private Audition albums. She also was the bass player and lead singer for many years with The Lovemongers, another band she and Nancy were in [smile]

Yes, she did guitar and backing vocals and her sister did bass and lead vocals.. How I will never understand. I could never get the hang of singing while playing bass save for a few select peices

I've seen heart twice. She never touched a bass. They have always had someone else play the bass.

Not sure why you thought she did.

Archived