Gibson Brands Forums

Holy ****

Silenced Fred

Yeah man I'm totally down with pedal minimalism. To be honest lately I've mainly just been using a Big Muff of some persuasion with the band. I could get by with just a couple (or zero) pedals no problem but I like playing with my other stuff too so it's cool to have the option.

Teles are the best. SGs are awesome too.. But Teles reign supreme.

Yeah man, as long as I have my amp footswitch for boosts with solos, I could do without anything I guess but the baby Thundaa is rockin.

That SG has my name written all over it. Wanna donate to my fund?

not back, but i figured i would post it to at least induce some gas. i think i have posted in twiz's thread about cat's because i love cats and his cat was real cute, and thats it.

Here in the Gibby lounge, we have this:

Fred starts thread about guitar (a really cool one).

Fuzz (the effect) gets mentioned at post #8

post #9-19 slowly drift from different GAS of guitars to Fuzz (the effect)

post #19-28 are about to fuzz or not to fuzz(the effect)

post #29 is about Fuzz(the man) and fuzz(the effect)

!!!!!FUZZ IS BACK TO THE FORUM!!!!!!

yeah same here. I've really only been lusting after fenders lately.

What are you diggin on these days xdemon?

Day-glo wankcasters. [biggrin]

Nah, these days my GAS has actually been pretty well under control--all I really feel a need for is a new amp and some superior recording gear, and a few pedals here and there. I'd like a seven-string as well, so I've been looking at Jackson models. Actually, if there was any brand I'd go for right now, it would probably be Jackson. I'd love a seven-string Jackson Soloist.

Fred The SG looks lovely!

EVEN BETTER! I prefer chambered [thumbup]

Matt

I usually prefer chambered as well, but if I want to relive the deluxe mojo (I used to want one) than a chambered is about 7 pounds too light.

Very tasty.

But I'm GASin' for that new GT Deluxe LP - http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Deluxe.aspx . Da minis. . B)

LPDGTCH1-Finish-Shot.jpg

I didn't know they reissued the deluxe. I always heard a lot of people trash talk these guitars because they didn't care for the mini humbuckers. I know a guy who's got a 70's model and it sounds great. If I had the cash I'd get one right now. :)

Don't like the Pelham Blue much. I'm sure if the right model came along I'd change my mind, but so far there hasn't been one I like yet.

Pelham Blue....GIGITY!!!!!!!!! Gibson sure is puttin' out some cool toys! Im lustin after the RD reissue and the Firebird Non-Reverse w. P-90s. I don't need another Gibson style guitar at the moment. In the market for either a Strat or Tele, or somethin' with a fast neck, cool paintjob, and a Floyd ( CHARVEL!!!!!). Ya know, so I can do Van Halen. Been looking into MIJ Strats. Especially the 85-86 era ones with the System One trem. Everybody hates em'. I love em'. One of my guitar buds has one. It plays like a million bucks. Id stick some Bareknuckles or even SD SSL-1s in there though... Anyways, a Les Paul Custom would be cool, so I can do the Ace Frehley thang, which is possible on my SG ( killswitch), but it would look SO much cooler on an LP. Ah, ain't nothin' like a cherry sunburst LP Custom with a trio of Super Distortions with white/creme bobbins!

Pelham Blue....GIGITY!!!!!!!!! Gibson sure is puttin' out some cool toys! Im lustin after the RD reissue and the Firebird Non-Reverse w. P-90s. I don't need another Gibson style guitar at the moment. In the market for either a Strat or Tele, or somethin' with a fast neck, cool paintjob, and a Floyd ( CHARVEL!!!!!). Ya know, so I can do Van Halen. Been looking into MIJ Strats. Especially the 85-86 era ones with the System One trem. Everybody hates em'. I love em'. One of my guitar buds has one. It plays like a million bucks. Id stick some Bareknuckles or even SD SSL-1s in there though... Anyways, a Les Paul Custom would be cool, so I can do the Ace Frehley thang, which is possible on my SG ( killswitch), but it would look SO much cooler on an LP. Ah, ain't nothin' like a cherry sunburst LP Custom with a trio of Super Distortions with white/creme bobbins!

I got a MIJ Strat with a System One trem... I don't play it really because the pickup sucks, I hate the trem and I hate the body shape... it does have an amazing neck though

I got a MIJ Strat with a System One trem... I don't play it really because the pickup sucks, I hate the trem and I hate the body shape... it does have an amazing neck though

Everyone has their own taste. Some like Floyds, some like Bigsbys. For Strats, I prefer a regular vintage trem but with block saddles or GraphTechs ( better for palm muting ), and Schaller tuners ( vintage tuners are a pain because of the open slots ). Some like high-powered stacks, some guys will stick to their 1x12. It all depends on what ya like.

Archived