Gibson Brands Forums

Chez H'omelette Open House

eggs

Well, after three years as owners & almost one year under serious extension / renovation the works at Chez H'omelette are just about complete... so I thought it was about time you met the family in their new 'Music Space' (which is actually the pass through between our 65 year old house & our new extension) [biggrin]

1. From the old house looking towards Mrs Eggs 'Gin Terrace' & through to the new extension:

omelette011.jpgomelette010.jpg

2. From the new extension looking back into the old house (Note: Solo downspot for 'assuming the position' [lol]):

omelette009.jpgomelette008.jpg

3. 'Chill Lounge' (video gaming etc on 2nd TV) to the left:

omelette022.jpg

4. Office (where I chat with you guys [thumbup]) / Music Space continuation (Yamaha P-70 Piano / Tascam DP-03 Recorder) to the right:

omelette019.jpg

omelette018.jpgomelette024.jpg

7. And in daylight:

omelette013.jpg

omelette012.jpg

8. The 'Mystery Midget' (anyone... anyone at all [confused])

omelette026.jpg

9. 'The Business Centre' & Lester's lone P90 (HE actually touched it [woot] ):

omelette014.jpgomelette017.jpg

& finally...

9. 'Fenderish Corner'

omelette015.jpg

omelette016.jpg

So, the kettles boiling... & it's got a blue light ('cause I know some folk on this forum are very keen on blue lights [wink])... & I would absolutely love to welcome any of my forum friends to Chez H'omelette if you are ever in Oz [cool]

omelette007.jpg

Cheers,

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!!

The wood floors, the wallpaper, the windows, the amps in all the corners, and the guitars hanging everywhere (just begging to be played!)- All of it looks so warm and inviting.

I love the lighting you have on the guitars Stuart. Makes 'em look like museum pieces. Love that Ibanez- looks killer from the strap-button to the tip of the headstock.

What a great place to hang your hat, and play your music!! [biggrin]

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!!

The wood floors, the wallpaper, the windows, the amps in all the corners, and the guitars hanging everywhere (just begging to be played!)- All of it looks so warm and inviting.

I love the lighting you have on the guitars Stuart. Makes 'em look like museum pieces. Love the that Ibanez- looks killer from the strap-button to the tip of the headstock.

What a great place to hang your hat, and play your music!! [biggrin]

Thanks guys...

The 65+ year old cypress floor boards are beautiful (actually I will post a pic of one particular board that has the 'flame' to end all flames)... EDIT: Pic doesn't do it justice... but look at that middle board [love]

omelette025.jpg

& it is interesting that you spotted the wallpaper Brad... We intentionally maintained that as one of several 'memories' of the old house, & believe that it is a very rare Florence Broadhurst design from her 'Letter Series'... in this case, the letter 'O'. If we are correct, the wallpaper is probably worth more than the house [scared].

& as for 'Baby'... I am kinda defying my own movie quote statement that 'Nobody puts Baby in the corner!'... That geet is hot [thumbup] EDIT: This thread should really be in the Lounge. Hopefully I wont get 'ex-communicated' for this :P

ibanezartistadvertiseme.jpg

PS: Ignore that trailing cable in the pics... It's gone already!

Cheers,

Among all of those wonderful amenities, I also noticed the extraordinary beauty of your flooring, Stuart. I guess we all are drawn to fine wood, no matter what it's used for!

You have a beautiful home, my friend ... thanks for giving us a look into your life!

Jim

looks great. nice and spacious and light. lol, did you design the whole layout based on where you wanted to hang the guitars? ;)

Can I just point out one small flaw......now that you have a beautiful open light and airy space you are going to have to buy one of these to fill the space back up again. :rolleyes:

MarshallStack_Slayer.jpg

Thank you Gentlemen... We are pretty cozy now [thumbup]... but Neil, 1. YES to the design (I stealthily acquired a 'non-space'... "it's a passageway, NOT a room"... as 'my space' right from underneath Mrs 'I'm the Architect' Eggs nose) [flapper] & 2. NO to the stack... Been there, done that, got the crushed vertebra to prove it [biggrin]

to the stack... Been there, done that, got the crushed vertebra to prove it

Ouch!

That's a great space you got though .... I'm feeling rather green.

I i was to win the lottery or somehow come to great wealth, The first thing I would do would buy a house with a nice big basement and turn it into a music room / recording studio.

Ouch!

That's a great space you got though .... I'm feeling rather green.

I i was to win the lottery or somehow come to great wealth, The first thing I would do would buy a house with a nice big basement and turn it into a music room / recording studio.

No lottery wins here Neil... Just a 27+ year partnership, a lot of grind & a, still, massive mortgage to see us well into the foreseeable future :rolleyes:

Thank God for Epiphones [lol]

Good work Stu, nothing more satisfying than a place for everything and everything in it's place.

The floors are awesome, and so is the gear!

Thanks Bender & Brian...

GAS v/s OCD

It's a 'knockdown' spectacular :rolleyes:

Archived